Unsupported BoolEx value: 255

While I’m parsing Word document with:
Document doc = new Document(“anyword.doc”);
String TextDocument = doc.getText();

I’m still getting this:
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.AssertionError: Unsupported BoolEx value: 255
at com.aspose.words.ch.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.dc.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.bl.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.dc.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.ah.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.ah.b(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.gj.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.(Unknown Source)

any suggestion how to resolve it?
thank you.

Thanks for reporting this error to us. Please attach the problem document here.

Please don't worry about privacy. All attachments on Aspose forums are private and are accessible only to the members of Aspose team.

I’m sorry I can’t. It’s highly confidential client document.
I’ve got an application (java) and there is:
try {
… previous code (Document doc = new Document(“file.doc”); …
} catch (Exception ex) {
}
so I’m catching an exceptions, but it stops whole application.
Is it possible to continue (error doesn’t matter…)?
Thank you for hint.

Sorry, we cannot fix the error without being able to reproduce it.

Try to strip the document of all confidential information, retaining the minimal amount that still causes exception.

ok, I will try it tomorrow.

I successfully striped the file and it’s still throws exception. File is enclosed. I’m using Aspose.Words for Java 1.0.2.0.
Best regards.

I have logged this problem in our defect base as Issue #946. We will try to fix it by the time of the next release (3-4 weeks). You will be informed of the results here in this thread.

Good morning,
is there any progress? We are considering to buy Aspose.Words for Java, but this problem is very important for us. It doesn’t matter if it will not open a word document properly and throw an exception, but I need to be able to catch this exception. In the last version 1.0.2.0 I can’t catch the exception and keep application batch running, but it’s stop the application with error.
Thank you for helping,
Jiri Kobelka.

Hi, Jiri,

This assertion is thrown because of unsupported/undocumented Font Effects in one of your’s Outline Numbered Lists. It’s possible to catch this assertion but document remains not initialized.

In general, this is because of java type safe enums:) – C# enums just returns (not type safe) integer, but java ones throws in the same place. Anyway this behaviour will be corrected in the next java release, thank you.

For you is quicker just correct this list formatting inside the Word:

menu Format->Styles and Formatting…->Available Styles (or All Styles). Here choose for modifying the style that begins with “1.1.1 Heading 3,4 dash”. Than choose Format->Numbering->Customize – you will see “Customize Outline Numbering” form, choose Level 9 – you will see word “SCHEDULE” in the field “Number format”. Click “Font…” button and unselect field “All Caps” in “Font Effects” section. It’s all. After save, document loaded correctly.

Best Regards,

Hi,
is there any date when you are expecting that new java version will be released?
Thank you,
Jiri Kobelka.

Hi, Jiri,

It will be released at a first half of the next week.

Best Regards,

Aspose.Words for Java 1.0.3 is out. This issue was fixed.