Unsupported fonts

Hi all,

My company is looking forward to buy the ASPOSE WORDS .net product.

We are using server automation to convert from doc/rtf to pdf when needed.

Right now, we use word automation (I know, not a good idea, that’s why I’m here)

I have noticed a minor difference between ASPOSE conversion to MSword conversion to pdf.

one of the fonts is not the same, which makes the document larger and more than 1 page (impossible situation).

How can support more fonts in the conversion process? or even more, support all the fonts the server has.

I’m writing in c#.

Attached is a screenshot of the same part on both of the pdf’s. you can see the differences.

We are really in a hurry, I hope you have an answer for me.
Thanks alot, Lidan Hackmon.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. During converting to PDF Aspose.Words should read all fonts used in the original document to create font subset, which will be stored in the output PDF file. Please make sure that all fonts which you are using in your document are installed on your PC.
Also, could you please attach your input and output documents here for testing? I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey, thanks for the reply.
I have checked this issue a little bit more.
It seams like you were right, it is not a unsupported font issue, it is something else.

I have tried to open the document and manually convert it through MSWord and through ASPOSE dll and it was the same.

I think that during the automatic conversion on the server there is a modification for the font appearance. maybe you can help me modify this modifications to my ASPOSE conversion.

we are using the following code in our conversion:

OpenDocument(aFileName);

mDocument.ActiveWindow.View.Type = WdViewType.wdNormalView;
int argb = Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.White).ToArgb();
int backcolor = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Information.RGB((Color.FromArgb(argb).R), (Color.FromArgb(argb).G), (Color.FromArgb(argb).B));
mDocument.Background.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = backcolor;
mDocument.Background.Fill.Solid();
SaveAs(aFileName.Replace(".doc", fileExtension), format);
mDocument.Close(ref oFalse, ref oMissing, ref oMissing);

And so far, this is what I have built to do the same thing through the ASPOSE dll:

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(new MemoryStream(aDocument));
doc.BackgroundShape.FillColor = Color.White; // doc files are saved with red background on the server, changing to white anyway
MemoryStream outStream = new MemoryStream();
doc.Save(outStream, saveFormat);
return outStream.GetBuffer();

Don’t mind the white background color, in our database all document has red color.

Thanks again, we are very close :-).

Hi

Thank you for additional information. As I can see from your code you just change page color. To change page color using Aspose.Words you should use the following line of code:

doc.PageColor = Color.White;

Also, could you please attach your input and output documents here for testing? I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,