Unsupported version for stylesheet

Hi

I am using Aspose.Word for .NET v3.6.1.0.

I am editing an existing template which was created in MS Office 97. Now I am opening it in MS Office 2007 and editing it, that is adding an email id and deleting the number and adding some more text to it. Finally I saved the file as 97-2003 as .doc. When I use the template the aspose throws error as “unsupported version for stylesheet”

Can you guide me how can i do the static changes in my template which is created in MS Office 97

If I upgrade the version then it might be possible that the above mentioned error will be solved but

aspose has so many dependency in our project…so not sure whether other function would work or not.

Thanks

This message was posted using Email2Forum by babar.raza.

Hi,

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach the original template document that you created using WORD 97 along with the modified DOC file i.e. saved using WORD 2007 here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Moreover, Aspose.Words for .NET is represented by a strong-named DLL. So you will have to update references and rebuild your dependent projects if they are developed (written) in compliable languages such as C#. Also, new releases of Aspose.Words component come out along with release notes and all changes/fixes are described in these notes. For example, please see the Aspose.Words for .NET 10.6 Release Notes below:

https://downloads.aspose.com/words/net

Best Regards,

Hi,

I cannot provide you the documents as per our business policy.

But can you guid me how can i do the static changes in templates.

Hi,

Thanks for your request.

In that case, instead of giving us your original documents, could you please attach here any simplified documents which will allow us to reproduce the problem on our side? So you can simply remove sensitive information from your documents or replace it with dummy data.

Secondly, I think, editing your documents for static content changes with WORD 2007 should be fine.

Also, I would suggest you to please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words using the following link:

Best Regards,

Hi,

According to the company policy i cannot upload any document.

Can you do one testing from your side.

1.Create the template for mail merge using MS Office 97.

1. Create the Pdf file using aspose.

3.Now open the template in MS Office in 2007 and save as 97-2003 by making some static changes as edit email or delete some line.

4.Now try creating the pdf.

Can you please do the above mentioned procedure and tell me whether its working or not.

Hi,

I have tested the existing template.

aspose.word is able to read the file in MS Office 97.

But when i open the file in MS Office 2007 and save as 97-2003 aspose.word is not able to read and give me the same error as i have mentioned.

Can you now give me some sort of solution for this.

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information and sorry for the delayed response.

As a matter of fact, at the moment I don’t have OFFICE 97 configured in my machine which is preventing the reproduction of your problem on my side. However, I am planning to get it configured in my machine in a couple of days. Please understand that things would be much easier if you attach a simple test document that will allow us to reproduce the problem on my side.

Moreover, as new version of Aspose.Words i.e. 10.7.0 just comes out, I would strongly recommend you to please give it a try by visiting the following link and then let us know about your findings:

Sorry for inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Can i make use of convertor available on microsoft site.

Which allow us to view or edit the office 97 file.

Can you suggest me .

Hello

Thanks for your request. All questions regarding Microsoft products you can ask in the appropriate forums.

Regarding your problem, I have tried to reproduce the problem on my side, but no luck. It seems the problem does not occur in the latest version of Aspose.Words 10.7.0.

All fixes and new features are added to new versions of Aspose.Words. Every Aspose license carries a one-year subscription for free upgrades to any new versions or fixes that come out during this time. So if your license will allow you to upgrade to the version that will contains the fix, you will be able to get the fix with the new version for free. If your license does not allow you to upgrade for free you will be compelled to renew your license in order to get the new version with fix.

Best regards,