Unsupported version of the stylesheet

When I make changes to the Word Template and run the code to download the Word file I get this error “Unsupported version of the stylesheet”. It was working fine all these days, but only today i get this error.
This is only if i make changes to the Template. The files get downloaded in .doc format.

What do you think is the issue? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please create a sample application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we’ll start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS : Please ZIP and upload documents on Dropbox or any other file hosting service and share the download link here for us to test this scenario.

1 Like

Hi Tahir Mazoor
Here is the Dropbox Link that has the Word Template and the Mail merge code that I use.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5r5voqgc3wcixzi/AADlKh79TllVHyQ7nnKqEwNpa?dl=0

Thanks
Ben

@karya

Thanks for sharing the detail. Unfortunately, we are unable to execute the shared code. Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Tahir Manzoor

I have created the Console application with the notes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/js096wok29bii3y/ConsoleApplication%20with%20notes%20inside.zip?dl=0

Thanks

@karya,

Thanks for your inquiry. You are using a very old version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 3.5.1.

After an initial test with Aspose.Words for .NET 17.6, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end. We would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET. You can download it from the following link:

Download latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,
Awais Hafeez

I have downloaded the new version and am able to use it. But if i apply the existing license it says unsupported license version. If i run without the license it does run, but shows the water mark.
so what is the issue. My license is eligible.

I observed that my License as showing as 3.0 version where as I bought this in 2016 Sep, so i assume this should work with the latest aspose version too. Can you please respond ASAP.

@karya,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please post your latest license file via private message (see steps.png 22.2 KB). We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information. Please do not share your license file publicly.

Best regards,
Awais Hafeez

The link to post a private message doesn’t open. Can you resend that.

How can I post a private Message?

@karya,

You can send your license file to my email:

Best regards,
Awais Hafeez

I sent you the attachment by an email.

@karya,

Thanks for your inquiry. The license file you shared via email works fine with Aspose.Words for .NET 17.6 on our end. Please copy Aspose.Words.lic in Bin/Debug folder of AsposeWordsLicenseTest.zip (46.4 KB) console application to verify.

Please make sure that License.SetLicense method is pointing to the correct .lic file and your real application is referring the correct latest Aspose.Words.dll.

Best regards,
Awais Hafeez

I have no luck. It doesn’t work. This is what we already did and tried again.Can someone check this seriously Please. My work has stalled.

@karya,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid, the license file you shared via email works fine on our end even when using Aspose.Words for .NET 17.7. I would like to mention a few points here:

• Make sure your call to SetLicense gets executed. Debug your program and step through in the debugger to identify the problematic line of code.
  • Make sure your code does not catch an exception thrown by Aspose.Words licensing code. For example, Aspose.Words will throw if it cannot find the license.
  • Make sure the input documents do not already have the evaluation message. Aspose.Words does not delete existing evaluation messages.
  • Make sure SetLicense is executed before you instantiate any Document object.

Best regards,
Awais Hafeez

1 Like

Thanks for your patience with me on this issue. But unfortunately it still doesn’t work. where im making a mistake. I have a an experienced programmer with me but we think the problem is something else.
Is it possible for you or anyone from your team to Review this Remotely. I can give access GoToMeeting, TeamViewer.

Please let me know.

Thanks

@karya,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please ZIP and attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document you are getting this problem with.
  • We already have your license file so no need to share it here
  • Aspose.Words 17.7 generated output document (DOCX file) showing the undesired behavior (evaluation watermark).
  • Please create a simplified standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we’ll start further investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,
Awais Hafeez

Hello
Don’t you have a Customer care number that I can call and get clarifications. This is not working out. You need to escalate this issue . Is there no other way of resolving this issue. I suggest you please take a look at my desktop and im sure it can be resolved quickly.

Im held up and its a Emergency situation.

Ben

@karya,

Unfortunately, Aspose does not provide technical support over the phone. Phone support is only available for sales and purchase questions. However, we can arrange a TeamViewer remote session for you. Please share your TeamViewer details and the time as to when you will be available.

Best regards,