Update Links Prompt

I have a workbook that imports a worksheet from another workbook which has links. When the workbook opens, a prompt appears asking if you would like to update the links (attached as Excel Links Problem.bmp). I do not want the prompt to appear and I do not want the links updated.

The Excel help documentation has the following info:

Excel Help File:<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml” /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked=“f” filled=“f” path=“m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe” o:preferrelative=“t” o:spt=“75” coordsize=“21600,21600”> <v:stroke joinstyle=“miter”></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn=“if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @0 1 0”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum 0 0 @1”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @2 1 2”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @3 21600 pixelWidth”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @3 21600 pixelHeight”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @0 0 1”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @6 1 2”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @7 21600 pixelWidth”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @8 21600 0”></v:f><v:f eqn=“prod @7 21600 pixelHeight”></v:f><v:f eqn=“sum @10 21600 0”></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype=“rect” gradientshapeok=“t” o:extrusionok=“f”></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:lock aspectratio=“t” v:ext=“edit”></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style=“WIDTH: 24pt; HEIGHT: 24pt” alt="" type="#_x0000_t75" o:button=“t” href=“mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office10\1033\xlmain10.chm::/html/xlhowUpdateLinksQuestion.htm##”></v:shape>Prompt in the same way for every user of the workbook<o:p></o:p>

Warning This option affects all users of the workbook. If you choose to not update links, and not to prompt, users of the workbook will not know the data is out of date.<o:p></o:p>

1. On Edit menu, click Links. <o:p></o:p>

2. Click Startup Prompt. <o:p></o:p>

3. Select the option you want. <o:p></o:p>

Note You will still be notified if there are any broken links.

-----------
The problem is that the links options is not enabled unless the link already exists in the workbook. It does not exist in my template until I pull it over from another workbook at run time. I have tried to:
1.) pull over the linked worksheet into my template
2.) changed the startup prompt setting to not display a message and not to update the links
3.) saved the template
4.) removed the worksheet with the links
5.) saved the template
This did not resolve the issue and the problem remains. When the workbook is opened, the end user is prompted asking to update the links. I would like this to not be displayed and for the workbook to automatically not update the links and not display a prompt.

Do you have access to this property from Excel’s object model? If so can you add a property to the workbook object to change this functionality? If not, do you have any other suggestions on how to resolve the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Please try this attached fix. The start prompt setting in your template file will be kept.