Update Manage Contacts in Global Address List

Hello,

I am new to this product. been trying to find any examples or documentation on how to progamatically insert, update, delete contacts that are stored in the global address list GAL (external emails)? We currenlty have a hosted office 365 email service.

However, I am able to connect with aspose.email to an email account and get the account’s contacts only.

here is the code i used to successfully access the individual contacts but not the GAL contacts:

string strMailBoxUri = https://outlook.office365.com/ews/exchange.asmx;

IEWSClient client = EWSClient.GetEWSClient(strMailBoxUri, textBoxTbUserName.Text, textBoxTbPassword.Text, "domain");

Contact[] contacts = client.GetContacts("contacts");

thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

At present, we could not find any such information to access the Global Access List of contacts. Aspose.Email API connects to a specific mailbox and retrieves the contacts of that mailbox. We have further requested our Product team to share if it is possible to access the Global Access List somehow and will share our feedback with you here soon.

Thank you for the response.

Just to clarify the reason for this inquiry is that we have several hundred contacts (external emails) that we manage with some in distribution groups and some are not. Details of these contacts include addresses, phone numbers, company, and title.

We currently mange this manually with monthly reports of changes from our database.

I've gone through several forums. The most effective is utilizing Outlook Object Model (OOM). However, an update in this model is to remove the and add back in. Another way is through powershell which does a real update but it's in a script format.

Aspose.Email .net seemed very promising until i recieved this posting. but will standby for your update. Thank you again.

Hi,

We have discussed this requirement with our product team. Unfortunately, there is no other method to retrieve such contacts other than the ResolveContacts method of the IEWSClient. Please refer to this article to know about Resolving Contacts using contact name. Please let us know if we could be of additional help to you in this regard.