Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Update on functionality

Can you provide me with updates on a few issues we have had with Aspose.Word, mainly I would like to know when these issues are going to be corrected.

1.) If we use two documents that have styles with the same names that mean different things, the final document only has the style of the first document that was imported.

2.)Images with layouts of behind text or in front of text behave <span style=“font-size: 12pt; font-family: “Times New Roman”;”>erratically when I combine multiple documents together. This is very noticable when lines (for signatures) are setup in the documents.

For #1, I know that Roman is aware of it, but I would like to get some sort of timeline for this issue.

For #2, I beleive you stated that this would be corrected when the drawing layer was completely implemented.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

1. Copying styles issue will hopefully be resolved soon, perhaps before end of this month.

2. There shouldn’t be general problems with drawings when combining documents, they’ve been fixed. If you are losing Z-order of the drawings, this happens when several drawings are anchored to a single paragraph. You can pull drawings’ anchors apart so they are anchored to different paragraphs, in this case Z-order will be okay. If you are still experiencing other issues, please attach the document.

For #2, what version was this fixed in? I didn’t see much in the recent release notes to indicate it was corrected, that’s why I asked the question.

Floating shapes issues were fixed here http://www.aspose.com/Blogs/roman.korchagin/archive/2005/08/22/2440.aspx.