We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

UpdateFields() not updating all fields

I wrote a small program using Aspose.Words (.NET 3.5) to update the fields in a document. It updates some completely and other fields partially. The fields in question are standard mail-merge fields (neither auto-number nor fields related to page layout algorithms). The fields in question contain a period that should be removed. I am able to update the fields by opening Word, selecting all text (Cntrl-A), and then invoking F9. Attached is a PDF that illustrates the problem.



Hi Mark,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

  • Your input Word document
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we'll start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip them and Click 'Reply' button that will bring you to the 'reply page' and there at the bottom you can include any attachments with that post by clicking the 'Add/Update' button.

Attached is a sample project file. The Word document is included in the project file and is also included as a separate attachment for convenience. The command line arguments are configured to look for the file in C:\Temp<div>

The error appears on page 8 and subsequent pages. You will see a field that contains a period. See attached picture. If you open the document manually and select all and then F9 (update), you will see the period disappear. The Aspose program should perform this update but it does not fully update the field (i.e. it leaves behind the period). Many thanks in advance for your assistance.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-13141. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Any progress on this bug? I have been pinged by my client multiple times in the last few weeks and would like to provide a status update. Many thanks.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your issue has now been resolved and its fix will be available in next version of Aspose.Words v16.3.0. Hopefully, Aspose.Words v16.3.0 will be published by the end of this week. We will inform you via this forum thread once new version of Aspose.Words is published.

Thanks for your patience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13141) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The update works as expected. Many thanks for the quick turnaround.