UpdateLinksType doesn't work - JAVA

@controltec,

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We have looked into this issue and found that it should be a behavior of Excel 2008 for Mac.

Please create a file with external links and the file could be opened without warning message box in Excel 2008 for Mac. If you can create such a file, then provide it to us. We will look into this issue more.

here is the files again. SummaryBook has links to DetailBook. When opening SummaryBook I am receive the prompt even though i have setUpdateLinks to NEVER. report.zip (11.8 KB)

@controltec

Actually, we need a file that should not have a prompt in Excel 2008 for Mac and it should also have external links.

That’s my whole problem… If I could make a file like that I wouldn’t have ever made this post. I am setting UpdateLinks to NEVER and it is still giving me the prompt.

public static final int NEVER
Do not update, and do not prompt user.

This is what is stated in your documentation.

@controltec,

Actually, we are asking you to create such an Excel file manually using Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac not with Aspose.Cells.

here is my example example.zip (43.4 KB)
, and I also realized I have Excel 2011 for Mac

@controltec

Thanks for your cooperation and using Aspose APIs.

We have logged your Excel files as well as your comment in our database against this issue. We will look into it further and update you asap.

@controltec

We have checked your provided Excel files and found they are still showing warning in Excel for Mac.

Please provide us correct Excel files. They should not show warning on opening. Please also let us know the steps you performed to make it not to show warnings. Please also provide us some full screenshots (not part of screenshots) showing your Excel files.

It is much better if you provide us a video showing your issue or sample Excel files. You can make your video using VLC. We highly appreciate for your cooperation in resolving this issue.

We have also attached two Excel files. We have created these files after experimenting few things. Please open these files in Excel for Mac and check if they show warnings in Excel for Mac and let us know your feedback.

Excel Files Having Links.zip (46.0 KB)

I updated my excel this morning and everything seems to be working with the latest aspose jar you sent me

@controltec

Thanks for sharing good news with us. Let us know if you face any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further. Have a good day.