We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Updating a shape's property value causes unwanted side effects

This problem can be described as follows and occurs using the latest version (17.4.0):

1. Load the attached map (map1.vsdm) using Aspose
  2. Modify a shape property (I used the “node” shape and the “Author” property)
  3. Save the map as VSDM
Firstly, the properties displayed at the bottom are no longer shown correctly (see map2.vsdm). Secondly, we are using a macro to link a DLL addin to Visio; this no longer works.

Please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting support. We are working over your query and will get back to you soon .

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for being patient. We managed to replicate the problem of displaced text items. It has been logged under ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51228 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this ticket. We shall keep you informed regarding any available updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
andrew.ridgeley:
Secondly, we are using a macro to link a DLL addin to Visio; this no longer works.
Kindly share the name of this Macro and list down all steps to replicate the problem. Please make sure that all Macros are enabled in the trust settings of the Visio drawing.

Thanks for your work on this so far.

There is a macro embedded within the Visio document; it can be viewed by enabling the Developer mode menu tab and then clicking on Macros. We’re using the Queue Marker Event (see below) to hook Visio into our software (Triaster Process Navigator). As you mentioned, macros are enabled.

If Triaster Process Navigator is not installed, you would expect to see a message saying the Triaster Mapping Edition is not available.

Public Sub QueueMarkerEvent(ByVal strEventString As String)
On Error GoTo Error_QueueMarkerEvent

Application.QueueMarkerEvent strEventString

Exit_QueueMarkerEvent:
Exit Sub

Error_QueueMarkerEvent:
MsgBox c_strCannotQueueMarkerEvent, vbCritical, c_strQueueMarkerEventFail
Resume Exit_QueueMarkerEvent
End Sub

Just to give an update on this, the problem can be reproduced by simply loading the VSDM file and then saving as a VSDM file.

Regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the details. We have loaded and saved your source Visio drawing using the latest API version 17.4.0. When we open the output drawing using Microsoft Visio 2013 Professional, it shows a message as “Triaster Mapping Edition is not available on this PC”. We have attached an output VSDM and the screenshot of message box for your kind reference (Files.zip). The message box appears in both input and output Visio drawings.

Kindly open the output Visio drawing in your working environment and let us know how that goes on your side. If the message box does not appear, then please let us know the name and edition of the Microsoft Visio application. We shall investigate further and reply you appropriately.

I have checked this using a test machine with Visio 2013 installed but without our software installed, and I can confirm I get the same results as you’ve described. In order to replicate the problem, it could be helpful for you to download and install our mapping software (Process Navigator); this works as add-in to Visio.

The software (Process Navigator) could be downloaded from our website (https://www.triaster.co.uk/software_download.php). You will need an activation code but I can supply you with a temporary one for testing purposes. Please let me know if you’d like to try this.

Regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the details. If Triaster Process Navigator is installed, then what would be the problematic behavior of the output VSDM? We have installed your mapping software (Process Navigator) in our test machine. Kindly send your temporary activation code through an email. Please refer to this helping link: Send your Confidential File to an Aspose Staff Member

Your response is awaited.

Hi Imran

I have sent the activation code via email.

If Process Navigator is working correctly, you will see Progress and User Actions Required windows appearing at the bottom of the screen when you open the file in Visio. These will not be present if there is a problem.

If Process Navigator is working correctly, you will be able to right-click on a shape and bring up a properties dialogue. If there is a problem, the Properties option will not be present in the right-click menu.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Andrew

We have done some more research into this problem and believe it is being caused by the solutions folder being removed from the Visio document on save.

For example, if you unzip Map1.vsdm into its separate folders and files, you will see a solutions folder within the visio folder. If you do the same for Map2.vsdm, you will see that the solutions folder is missing; this will cause our software not to work correctly.

Regards,
Andrew

The issue seems to be when aspose reads the vsdm file. If you open Map1.vsdm with aspose, the Diagram.SolutionXMls.Count is 0. It is failing to read the solution xml, so when we save it loses it.

This is a major issue for us and will seriously impact our ability to continue with our aspose development. When you identify and fix the issue, can we get a hotfix version?

Regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting support. We managed to replicate the problem as you narrated. It has been logged under ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51229 in our bug tracking system. It is in our high priority queue under the Normal support model. We have also recorded your request of Hotfix version. We shall let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

PS: We can see a Priority Support tag with your account. You can post this ticket ID in the Priority Support forum to avail your Priority Support subscription quota. It will raise the priority of ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51229.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51228 has been resolved. If there is no issue in the quality assurance phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.5.0 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We shall inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51229 has been resolved. If there is no issue in the quality assurance phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.5 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We shall inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Thanks for the update. I’m glad to hear the problem has been fixed.

Do you have an approximate timescale for the release of 17.5? The issue is causing us some problems and we are considering requesting a hotfix release using our priority support.

Regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the inquiry. The next version 17.5 is expected to be released in a couple of weeks. We have also recorded your request of Hotfix version. We will let you know once the fixed version of this defect is available to us.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket IDs DIAGRAMNET-51228 and DIAGRAMNET-51229, please download and try this latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for .NET 17.4.1. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

I can confirm that ticket ID 51228 is now fixed.

For ticket ID 51229, the solution XML folder is now present. However there are some significant differences between the unzipped content before and after saving with Aspose.
1. The file vbaProjectSignature.bin is removed after saving.
2. The first line of the file visio\solutions\solution1.xml is different.
Before:
After:

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the inquiry. We managed to replicate the said issues in our working environment as below:

DIAGRAMNET-51235: Open and save process of VSDM drawing removes vbaProjectSignature.bin file
DIAGRAMNET-51236: Open and save process of VSDM drawing changes Solution XML file

We have also linked your post to these tickets and will let you know, once the significant progress has been made. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for being patient. We have resolved ticket IDs DIAGRAMNET-51235 and DIAGRAMNET-51236. If there is no issue in the quality assurance phase, then their fixes will be included in the next version 17.5 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We shall inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.