Updating a very old license

Hi,

We have a very old license that expired in 12-30-2008 (I assume) based on the following text found in the .lic file.

If we were to acquire a new license today or in the future, can we simply replace the old license file with the new license file without any code changes? We are looking to deploy the software at a different location and the original license only allows a single physical site. Thank you.

For reference, the versions being used are
Aspose.Cells 4.4.0.5
Aspose.Words 5.2.2.0

@pvang,

Thanks for contacting support.

There has been no change in license initialization routines related to Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells and you simply need to replace the older license with new file if you need to try using the latest release versions of Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells. However concerning to usage of latest release versions, it is recommended to consult product documentation and latest API Reference guide for instructions on how to use the new API. Please refer to Overview of Programmers Guide, Developer Guide and API Reference page.

Apart from this, the license is valid for lifetime and you can use it with supported API version for as long as you want. However if you need to upgrade to later versions, you need to update the subscription.

I would suggest you to please raise this query in Aspose.Purchase forum and my fellow workers from Sales team will be able to answer it accordingly.