Upgrade Cells for .NET from 7.3.2.0 to 7.7.2.0 changed ImportDataTable - broken core functionality for our system

Hello,

We have been developing a solution using Aspose.Cells for .NET version 7.3.2.0, and recently began an uprade to 7.7.2.0. In the old version the Cells.ImportDataTable() method was inserting rows below the start cell, whereas in the new version it is inserting them above.

Is there a way to restore the previous behaviour of inserting rows below the start cell using version 7.7.2.0?

Thank you,

Chris

Hi,

Well, the new behavior is correct and similar to MS Excel. Please note when you insert 5 rows @ (e.g A10) cell, the existing data in A10 will be moved to A15 automatically, you may confirm this behavior in MS Excel manually. I think for your needs, you will also add +1 to the rows index while importing DataTable into the worksheet, it will match your older behavior accordingly.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately when I do this I get blank rows appearing at the top of my results set, and it’s no longer picking up the formatting in the same way. Deleting that row is not an option, that further breaks a lot of the formatting and could potentially delete other data on the sheet. Unless there is a good way to fully restore the previous behaviour, we are going to have to revert back to the previous version.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Well, I think this is how MS Excel works, the behavior is correct as we follow MS Excel standards. Anyways, could you create a sample console application with latest version of Aspose.Cells, zip it and post it here to show the issue, we will check if we could provide some workaround using the existing APIs to cope with it for your needs.

Thank you.