Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Upgrade from WORD 11.6 - 13.2 : Causes scrambled table

Hi


This is not really an issue for us anymore, as I found a work around, but I thought I’d report it anyway, as you might want to look into it.

When we upgraded from Word 11.6 to Word 13.2, I found that it scrambled one of my tables beyond recognition. (See page 6)

After a process of elimination, I discovered the issue was caused by the Cover page ( On page 3)

I managed to solve the problem by changing the table on the cover page from PreferredWidthTypes.Auto to PreferredWidthTypes.Percentage.

Unfortunately, that is as much information I can provide, as this is no longer a problem for us.



Hi Hanno,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without the input document and code. To ensure a timely and accurate response please supply us with the following information, if you cannot supply us with this information we will not be able to investigate your issue and raise a ticket.

  • Please supply us with the code from your application that is causing the issue
  • Please supply us with the input document that is causing the issue

As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we'll start our investigation into your issue.

Many thanks,

Hi.


No, that would not be necesary, I meant this post as an FYI only.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to provide you with a code sample: Our Report engine consume building blocks that is compiled on the fly, so we are not able to step through the code. We have a separate environment where we create the building blocks and where we can step through the code, but I was unable to replicate the issue there. Since I’ve been able to find a work around, it would not be worth the effort for me to try and recreate the issue using a single code file.

However, I can say this: It does appear that a table with a PreferredWidthType of Auto might - in some cases - badly affect a following table with a PreferredWidthType of Percent. This issue can be resolved by changing both tables to PreferredWidthType.Percent.

I’m sharing this information in the hope that it might help you resolve the issue next time someone else reports it.

Regards

Hi Hanno,


Thanks for this additional information. It’s perfect you found a solution to your problem. Please let us know if you have any troubles and we will be glad to look into this further for you.

Best regards,