Upgrade to Aspose.Cells v8.3.1

Hi,

I want to upgrade my applications from Aspose.Cells for .NET version 7.4.3 to version 8.3.1. I tried the code below and figured out that the layouts of PDf files generated with the new version are different from the ones generated with the old version. Two aspects:

1 - The complete layout is shrunk.
2 - The borders become thicker.

Could you tell me why that happens and how to fix it?

The code i am executing is:

Workbook wb1;

wb1 = new Workbook(Server.MapPath(".") + "\\MyTemplate.xlsx");

//... filling cells ...

wb1.Save(Response, "Output.pdf", ContentDisposition.Attachment, new PdfSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Pdf));

This post contains 3 attachments:

- MyTemplate.xlsx: The template (original file)
- Output_Aspose.Cells_7.4.3.pdf: the output using Aspose.Cells for .NET version 7.4.3
- Output_Aspose.Cells_8.3.1.pdf: the output using Aspose.Cells for .NET version 8.3.1

Thank you.

Ricardo Coimbras

Hi,

Thanks for the template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by converting your template file to PDF. I found the Layout is shrunk and the borders become thicker in the output PDF generated by Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.1 (latest version). I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-43245” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.1.2

The complete layout is shrunk problem has been fixed in it. For the borders become thicker problem, the width of border
lines in our generated PDF are almost same as the one (PDF) generated by Excel, so, it doesn’t need to be fixed though.

Thank you.

Hi.

In what concerns to shrunk problem, it seems ok. In what concerns to borders, could you make them a little (more) thiner, to match the size as the ones generated by Excel?

Thank you.

Ricardo Coimbras

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

We have added your comment in our database for consideration. We will see if we could do some more improvements. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi Ricardo,

We did evaluate your issue i.e., the possible improvements regarding more thinner border lines. Well, I am afraid, we think the width of border lines in our generated PDF is almost the same as the one (PDF) generated by MS Excel, we might not be able to improve it any more for now.

Thank you.
Ok.

Are you going to include, in your next official release, the changes published in fix 8.3.1.2 ? Or in your next next?

Ricardo Coimbras

Hi Ricardo Coimbras,

Yes, sure the fixes included in the v8.3.1.2 (interim version) would be embedded in our next official release of the product (i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.2) which is scheduled to be released in the next week or so.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43245) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.