Upgrade to New Version () Disables Inspecting Local Variables in VS 2010

Hi,

Thanks for helping.

I am upgrading a project to the most current version of aspose.total. My procedure as follows:
  1. Starting with a working project.
  2. Remove references to aspose products.
  3. Copy over new aspose dlls.
  4. Add them back as references.
  5. Rebuild.
After complete, I can no longer see local variables. I’ve tried this 3 times, following similar variations of these steps, still now dice. I’ve also tried cleaning the project, etc.

Any ideas?

Jim

Hi James,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario have not found the shared issue. The shared problem is not related with Aspose.Words. However, please try to reset all environment settings from Tool menu-> import and export settings and also check the updates for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. Hope this solve your problem.

Please check the workarounds shared at following links. Hope this helps you.
Cannot inspect local variables while debugging in VS2010. CXX0017 “Symbol not found” error
“‘VariableName’ is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.” in Watch window

Hi,

I had already tried your suggestions with no luck, and I believe that I have isolated this to an aspose problem. The following link contains our application, and the associated db:

If you run the app, and put a break in the first function, you will notice that local variables can be inspected. As soon as you add new references to the most current aspose dlls, you will notice that the variables can no longer be inspected.

Any other ideas?

Jim

Hi James,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have tested the same scenario at Windows 7 (64 bit) with your shared application and have not found the shared issue. Please see the attached image for detail. Could you please test this scenario with a simple test application which have only one variable? Please also test this scenario at some different system.

Moreover, please share which Operating System you are using? I will test the scenario at same Operating System and will share my findings with you.