Upgrading Aspose.Cells.GridWeb Version issue!

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Please follow these steps.

1 - Please create a folder and name it anything. Suppose you name it grid and copy the acw_client folder inside it

Now your directory structure will look like this

App_Code
-aspnet_client
-Bin
-grid
- acw_client
-demos
- Common
- default.aspx //single page contains all code
- default.aspx.cs
-images
-js
-style

2 - Now open your Web.config file and add the following settings in your appsettings.

Now you are done and it should fix your problem. Let us know if you still face any issue, we will be glad to assist you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40927) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,
Thanks for your rapid reply. i did the steps and update my project but still the same issue. i decided creating new project to test these steps without any business dependencies but still the same error. I guess there is something missing! So, I attached the new project as you can help me better

Best Regards,

Hi,
i tried the new version but still the same issue!
Any help please

Hi,

Thanks for your project.

I was able to observe the problem. I have attached the fixed project which now runs fine and acwmain error does not show up.

I have changed the web.config file to following settings.

<add key=“aspose.cells.gridweb.acw_client_path” value="~/grid/acw_client/"/>

Please notice tilde character ~ before ~/grid/acw_client

Hi,
I changed the web.config as you mentioned and it works fine :). i have another question: in the old solution there is a code that create equation to subtract data from column once user enters data in specific column. this equation doesn’t work with the new ASPOSE version. if there is any updates in the new version doesn’t allow this equation to work ?

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s good to know that you were able to run the project/solution fine.

For your equation issue, could you please provide us your runnable project? Earlier I was not able to run your code because it was not complete and having build errors.

We will soon look into your issue and help you asap.

Hi,
attached a simple runnable project that describes equation issue. hope it can help you. waiting for your feedback
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your sample project.

Please add the following lines, it should resolve your problem.

I have highlighted the changes with the red color.

C#
if (this.IsPostBack != true)
{

GridOG.WebWorksheets.Clear();
GridOG.WebWorksheets.Add();
GridOG.WebWorksheets.ActiveSheetIndex = 0;
WebWorksheets _Sheets = GridOG.WebWorksheets;
WebWorksheet _Sheet = _Sheets.ActiveSheet;
//columns
_Sheet.Cells[0, 0].PutValue(“Name”);
_Sheet.Cells[0, 1].PutValue(“Quantity”);
_Sheet.Cells[0, 2].PutValue(“Available”);
_Sheet.Cells[0, 3].PutValue(“Mohamed”);
_Sheet.Cells[0, 4].PutValue(“Ahmed”);
_Sheet.Cells[0, 5].PutValue(“Ayman”);
_Sheet.Cells[0, 6].PutValue(“Total”);
//rows
_Sheet.Cells[1, 0].PutValue(“Product1”);
_Sheet.Cells[2, 0].PutValue(“Product2”);
_Sheet.Cells[3, 0].PutValue(“Product3”);

//Quantity Column
_Sheet.Cells[1, 1].PutValue(“100”);
_Sheet.Cells[2, 1].PutValue(“200”);
_Sheet.Cells[3, 1].PutValue(“300”);
//available column
_Sheet.Cells[1, 2].PutValue(0);
_Sheet.Cells[2, 2].PutValue(0);
_Sheet.Cells[3, 2].PutValue(0);

for (int i = 1; i < 4; i++)
{
//total
_Sheet.Cells[i, 6].Formula = “=SUM(D” + i.ToString() + “:F” + i.ToString() + “)”;
//available
_Sheet.Cells[i, 2].Formula = “=G” + i.ToString() + “-B” + i.ToString();
}
}

Hi,
this didn’t solve the issue! i added this line:
_Sheets.RunAllFormulas();
but still the equations don’t work. is there any missing configuration in web.config or aspx page??
i’d like when i update cell and move to another the equations work and the Total & Available columns are updated automatically.
Kindly advice

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. It was helpful to resolve this issue.

Please download and run the fixed project. I have fixed it by adding the PostBack condition and yours Sheet.RunAllFormulas()

Please see the screenshot for your reference.

Screenshot:

Hi,
it seems i didn’t explain the issue well. as per attached screenshot, we want automatic updates for remaining & total columns.
your attached project, don’t automatic update the columns (2nd attachment)

Hi,

Thanks for your explanation.

What I understood is that you want that calculations are done automatically by GridWeb as Ms-Excel does when worksheet’s Calculation Options are set automatic.

Please see the screenshot below for your reference.

We will look into it and help you asap.

Screenshot:

Hi,
Thanks much for your rapid assistance. yes, that what i want. by the way, this was working using ASPOSE old version and the previous screenshot using it and everything was working great. So, my comment why it stopped in the new version. I’m waiting for your feedback as we are targeting to demonstrate the new solution next week to the top management.
waiting & thanks in advance

Hi,

Thanks for your additional information.

We will soon look into your issue and get back to you asap.

Could you please provide a project with older version where it was working fine? It will be helpful to see if this feature has broken or if this feature is unavailable at the moment or if there is some configuration that is missing.

Also, we will let you know our findings to you soon.

Hi,
attached a runnable project with the older version and equations are working automatically.
Notes:
1- i commented the appsettings keys of acw_client in web.config
2- create web application from IIS to test the functionality
3- type any number in any column then enter, Total column will be updated automatically

hope you can assist me in this bug asap

Hi,

Thanks for your sample project and screenshot.

We were able to notice your mentioned issue.

We have logged your issue in our database. We will look into this issue and resolve the problems.

Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41000.

Hi,
Any updates ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no update for you at the moment.

However, I have logged your comments against the issue id: CELLSNET-41000

Once, there is some update for you, we will share by posting in this thread or you might get automatic notification when this issue is resolved.

Hi Shakeel,
We have very important demo for this solution next week (include purchasing decision). I’d like to know when can you solve this issue? as we are totally pending on it and it was working fine with the previous version! Hope you can raise this urgent request to the top management in ASPOSE.
Your rapid response is extremely appreciated

Thanks,