We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Upgrading to the newest Aspose PDF

Hi,

We want to upgrade from the current version of Aspose.PDF ( 3.5.0.0) to the latest one (6.1) …While replacing the reference I have found that following classes does not exist in the latest dll.

<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/>
<w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/>
<w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/>
<w:Word11KerningPairs/>
<w:CachedColBalance/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>

class Aspose.PDF.Text

class Aspose.PDF.Pdf

class Aspose.Pdf.Section

class Aspose.Pdf.Image

It was getting difficult to find the documentation as to which new class replaced the above old ones in the latest version since we are suing a very old version.

Can you please tell which classes replaces the below list in newest release .?

class Aspose.PDF.Text

class Aspose.PDF.Pdf

class Aspose.Pdf.Section

class Aspose.Pdf.Image

Also are there any more things that I need to take care of during the upgrade ? Awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
Harshal

Target Framework :- .NET 2.0

Hello Harshal,

Thanks for using our products.

All the classes of old Aspose.Pdf for .NET (pre 6.x) have been moved under Aspose.Pdf.Generator namespace. So in order to access Text class, you need to specify the complete class reference as Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Text. Please visit the following links for information on

In case you still face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello Shahbaz,

So we upgraded our product from using old Aspose.PDF form .NET (pre 6.x) to the new 6.1… With the old Aspose pdf, we used the Aspose.PDF.Text class which I believe got replaced with Aspose.PDF.Generator.Text class in the new Aspose PDF. While testing we noticed that large sized text layers were getting wrapped up which didn’t happen with the previous version . I couldn’t find any info in the documentation related to disallowing the wrapping of the text so posting the code here :-

Aspose.Pdf.License _AsposeLicense = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
_AsposeLicense.SetLicense(“Aspose.Pdf.lic”);
Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf _TemplatePDF = new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf();
Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Section _MainSection = _TemplatePDF.Sections.Add();
Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Text textLayer;
_MainSection.PageInfo.PageWidth = 450;
_MainSection.PageInfo.PageHeight = 450;

textLayer = new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Text(“TestDataDatTestDAt”);
_MainSection.Paragraphs.Add(textLayer);

textLayer.TextInfo.IsUnicode = true;
textLayer.TextInfo.IsFontEmbedded = true;
textLayer.PositioningType = PositioningType.PageRelative;
textLayer.TextWidth = 1440;

textLayer.TextInfo.FontName = “Arial Narrow”;
textLayer.TextInfo.FontSize = 50f;
textLayer.TextInfo.IsTrueTypeFontBold = false;
textLayer.TextInfo.IsTrueTypeFontItalic = false;
textLayer.TextInfo.IsUnderline = false;
textLayer.RotatingAngle = 360;
textLayer.Top = 206;
textLayer.Left = 58;
_TemplatePDF.Save(@“C:\TextTest.pdf”);

The pre 6.x Aspose PDF produced the correct output that we expect . (Attachment Live.pdf)
where with the latest 6.1 Aspose PDF did not produce the correct output, text is getting wrapped. (test.pdf)

Is there any way to prevent the text from being wrapped up ? We would appreciate quick help regarding this.

Thanks,
Harshal

<!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–>

<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “Arial”,“sans-serif”;”>Hi Harshal,

<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “Arial”,“sans-serif”;”>Thanks for sharing the details. I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as <span style=“font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>PDFNEWNET-30626. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>We
apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Shahbaz,

We are waiting for doing the upgrade once the above issue is fixed. Is there any update about when/which version would the fix be available ?

Thanks,
Harshal

Hi Harshal,

Thanks for your patience. I am pleased to share that the issue reported earlier has been fixed and its Hotfix will be included in upcoming release version, which is expected to be release within this week. Please be patient and spare us little time. We really esteem your cooperation and comprehension in this regard. Sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 30626 ) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

These Documentation links are not working…please provide us the altearnate links

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have updated the links and they should be working. We are sorry for your inconvenience.