Urgent : Exception in using aspose.cell

Hello, recently while moving my system from win 2003 server (32 bit) to win 2012 R2 I was receiving aspose.cell error. FYI: Excpetion while loading Aspose.Cell

I downloaded the new .net 2.0 version and now it started giving me the following exception:

The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 12 Jun 2010, but this version of the product was released on 14 Jun 2010. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.

After talking to the support person he told me I have to renew my license. Since I already have a valid license and just moving the old system to a new one, why do I need to get a new license for the same dlls?

thanks,
Dan

Hi Don,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

This error occurs because your License is valid for only till 14-Jun-2010. So if you will try to upgrade with DLL that has been released after 14-Jun-2010, it will give this exception. If you will try to upgrade with DLL that has been released before 14-Jun-2010, you will not get any such exception.

You can check your License/Subscription Expiry Date by opening your License file in notepad and seeing the tag. There you will find a date 14-Jun-2010.

Thanks Shakeel for the reply.

I understand, but I already paid for the dll and I’m just moving from one system to a new system. Then why do I need to pay for the same dll again just for doing a migration to a new system?

Hi Don,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

As you mentioned in the first post you downloaded the new dll, you cannot use any dll which has been released after 14-Jun-2010, if you will use some dll that has been released before this date, then you will not get this exception.

Whenever you purchase a license, you are allowed to get upgrades till 1 year. After 1 year, you will have to renew your license subscription.

Please check the following page which explains this.

( Subscriptions - Purchase - aspose.com )

When you buy a license, you automatically get a subscription which
entitles you to product updates for one year. After this first year
your subscription expires. If you want to continue getting upgrades and
hot fixes, you have to renew your product subscription.