Urgent: Functionality changed in "FindStringContains"

Well, it works… Will you fix the bug in any updates later on, or will this be the solution you will release?

Hi,

We have released a fix/solution in this latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.2.1.5

You can use this release for your production use. It is called minor release.

Both minor and major releases are equally same except major release is published with release notes and both are meant for production use.

Please see the sample release notes for Major release at the following link. I have also posted a screenshot for your reference.

Release Notes - Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.2.1

Screenshot:

That was not my question.

One of the things that made us decide to use Aspose was that it copied the functionality of Microsoft Excel, and it did it in a excellent way.

The solution you provided now is a workaround. I will be using a function in a way that Excel does not use it, and if you do this with this function will future bugs be fixed in the same way, or will you provide a fix that solves the core problem?

All the other times I’ve reported bugs you’ve always compared the function with how Excel executes the function, and if you begin to differ from that in this instance, what stops it from happening more times in the future?

Hi,

Actually, we have not provided you a workaround. We have provided you a solution.

Did you try this code?

C#

FindOptions opt = new FindOptions();

opt.LookAtType = LookAtType.Contains;

opt.LookInType = LookInType.ValuesExcludeFormulaCell;

Cell cell = cells.Find(“Test”, null, opt);

I just tested this:

FindOptions opt = new FindOptions();
opt.LookAtType = LookAtType.Contains;
opt.LookInType = LookInType.Values;
Cell cell = cells.Find(“Test”, null, opt);

and it worked, so the bug is fixed.

I just was confused by why
"ValuesExcludeFormulaCell"
was added, since that was not a part of my initial problem.

Hi,

That’s great to know that you have tested the code and your problem is now resolved. :slight_smile:

We have closed this ticket.

If you encounter any other problem or have some questions, please feel free to post, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks for your time.

or maybe I’m just confused…

the “ValuesExcludeFormulaCell” works for me…

The major confusion on my part is that the “findstringcontains” has changed it’s behaviour, and I’m “scared” that the same will happen in other functions in the future.

Hi,

Actually, this is unlikely to happen in future because earlier we were developing and maintaining separate Aspose.Cells for .NET and Aspose.Cells for Java codes.

Because of that there were many features lacking and inconsistent in both .NET and Java versions.

So, we have to make them consistent and now Aspose.Cells for Java code is ported from Aspose.Cells for .NET code.

This was the reason that functionality changes occurred but now we have a consistent model, so this change is now highly unlikely to occur in future.

Ok, I will hold you to that… :wink:

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40704) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan