Urgent: Need help on WORD To PDF Conversion!

Dear All,

We are currently evaluvating ASPOSE.Word product for Word to PDF conversion. Below are the issues where we need resolution/clarification to goahead with this product.

Alignment Issue:

- Alignment of Page Numbers in PDF differs from word document. Like page numbers in PDF are left aligned as compared to the center aligned in word .

- Paragraphs are moved to next page in PDF as compared with the word document.

Data Issue:

- We observed some of the data has been deleted during the conversion of WORD to PDF.

- There is a problem with the BULLETS alignment. Also Roman Number Bullets are getting deleted after conversion to PDF.

- In PDF, Extra space is added between two words as compared with the word document

Footer Issue:

- Format issue like Bold letters are not coming.

- Footer is not able to print special characters like ’ * ’

- Auto increment of page numbers inside footer is not happening. Page number has to be automatically increased based on the number PDF pages.

Frame Issue:

- Facing a problem with the positioning of Frames during rendering to PDF.

Dynamic Table Issue:

- We need to print dynamic table on two sides of a single PDF page(side by side). However tables are printing in two different pages(one after another).

Font Issue:

- Mismatch in font as compared PDF with WORD document. Like ‘Arial’ font in word is replaced with ‘ArialMT’ in PDF.

Thank You In Advance!!

Kumaresh

Hi Kumaresh,
Thanks for your request. Could you please attach sample documents that will allow us to reproduce the problems? We will check them and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Dear All,
Sorry for delay in reply.
Please find below issues as well as attachment for your reference.

1. FootNote_Issue: Here Symbol(*) in foot note is replaced with number(‘1’).
  2. Frame_DynamicTable_Issue: Here frame content is overlapping with dynamic table content.
  3. RomanBulletsDeletion_Issue: Here Roman Buletts indicator(say ’ i ’ ) are getting deleted.

Thanks in advance,
Kumaresh

Hi,
There is also a FONT Issue.
If you see the attachment, fonts in word doc is ‘TimesNewRoman’. But in PDF font is ‘TimesNewRomanPS’. Please provide me resolution for this.
Thanks,
Kumaresh

Hi Kumaresh,
Thanks for your request.

1. This is the same problem you reported in another thread:
    https://forum.aspose.com/t/88774
  2. Could you please also provide code that you are using to insert the table? We will check the problem and provide you more information.
  3. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
  4. No bug here. Name of the font is correct. If you try to convert the document to PDF using MS Word, you will see that actual font names are the same. Please see the attached screenshot.

Best regards,

Hi All,
Pleas find my update as below,
2) Please find code snippet attached in the ‘2_Dyanmic_Table.doc’ for table creation.
4) I converted WORD to PDF using ‘PDFCamp -tool’. It’s giving me the exact font in PDF as that of WORD doc. Please refer attachments-‘4_ Font_Issue.doc’, ‘4_GeneratedUsingPDFCamp.pdf’.

Note: My client wants exact replica of WORD document when converted to PDF.
5) New Issue: There is also problem with the dynamic table in split page. Here Dynamic tables have to print Side by Side of the same page. Instead tables are printed one after the other. Please refer “5_DynamicTable_SplitPage_Issue.doc” and “5_DynamicTable_SplitPage_Issue.pdf” attachments.
6) PDF template approach : We have one more approach where templates will be in PDF. It’s basically like PDF to PDF conversion. I want you to confirm if ASPOSE PDF can insert dynamic table or dynamic content in PDF by editing it. Also consider the above mentioned issues (which we have faced during WORD to PDF conversion) while confirming on the PDF template approach.

Note: Please confirm this approach urgently as we are planning to propose solution to client.
Thanks,
Kumaresh

Hi
Thank you for additional information.
2. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once it is resolved.

But you should note that your frame is configured to be positioned absolutely on page. So it will not be pushed down by table. Please see the attached document (2.doc).
4. It you take a look at the actual font name, you will see that font names are the same as in PDF produced by Aspose.Words. See the attached screenshot (4.png).
5. The problem occurs because you are removing whole paragraph where your placeholder is placed. When you do this, you also removes a column break. That is why the table are concatenated. If you do not remove the paragraph with column break (5.doc) the result will be expected.
6. You should ask this question in Aspose.Pdf forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Pdf team will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Dear alexey.noskov,

Can you please provide me the /resolution date for the above mentioned issues.

We have to propose solution to client a soon as possible,

Thanks,

Kumaresh

Hi Kumaresh,
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you a reliable estimate regarding these issues at the moment. Out developers will analyze the issue and then we will be able to provide you more information.
We will keep you informed and let you know once the issues are resolved.
Best regards,

Hi Kumaresh,

The issue with the list labels lost in output PDF is caused by some strange formatting in your document. If you are able to modify your documents slightly, you can workaround this issue and proceed forward until we come up with a fix.

1. You need to open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Then turn on display of hidden/special characters in Microsoft Word (click on the “paragraph mark” button".
  3. Find the paragraph that does not display list labels in PDF and observe that at the end of this paragraph you actually have two paragraph breaks. The first paragraph break is surrounded by a thin dotted line, it means the paragraph break is formatted as hidden text. This is very unusual combination and probably confuses the Aspose.Words layout engine.
  4. Just delete the paragraph break that is surrounded by the thin dotted line and save the document. Your document will look the same and render just fine.

We will be fixing this issue in Aspose.Words in the next few versions.

Can u send me the code snippet for issue no - 5? Also I am not removing any paragarph in my code.
Dynamic tables are printing fine if number of rows are less. If number of rows crosses say ‘60’, then two tables are printing one after the other.(Not side by side)
Thanks,
Kumaresh

Thank you for your response. Here I am sending you two more issues.
Issue No - 7 ) Auto increment of page number inside footer: We are merging two PDF templates. So besed on the number of pages, footer has to display (1 of 8 pages) (2 of 8 pages)… Can u send me the code snippet to handle this situation?
Issue No - 8 ) Address Formatting: We have 6 lines of address which are distrubuted in 2 coloumns like structure. All these 6 line address are tags which are replaced with values.
I any one tag is null, then we have to remove that tag and its position is taken by next tag. Please send me the code snippet
Thanks,
Kumaresh

Hi Kumaresh,
Thanks for your request.
5. Please create a simple application that will allow us to reproduce the problem. I just guessed that the problem occurs because you are removing a column break. If you are sure that you don’t, I should take a look at your code to find the reason.
7. If you are talking about MS Word documents, then you can easily achieve this by inserting PAGE and NUMPAGES fields into the footer. You can find a code example here:

https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/working-with-headers-and-footers/
8. In case of using mail merge, this can be easily done by setting RemoveEmptyParagraphs options.

https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.mailmerging/mailmergecleanupoptions/
In your case, you should remove a paragraph with placeholder if the value is null or empty string.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4320;WORDSNET-5110) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5118) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.