We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Urgent Production Issue - Extracting PDF

Hi,

We have the latst Aspose.PDF.Kit 2.8.0 and Barcode 1.9.0, our process seems to hang while extracting barcode from the attached PDF. We tried with Barcode 2.0.0, still the same problem. Please advise if you encounter the same. Thanks.

Joanna

Hi Joanna,

I have reproduced this issue at my end and logged it as PDFKITJAVA-15955 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated with the resolution the earliest possible.

I would like to add one more thing that although I have noticed that the program is stuck while extracting images, however I couldn’t see any barcode image in the attached sample. I’m sure once the image extraction problem is resolved, the concerned barcode image would be extracted as well; nevertheless, can you please point me to that particular barcode image, so I could make sure that it is extracted in the fix?

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

The attachment in previous post has no barcode. We get either barcoded and non-barcoded documents into the system. For the barcoded documents, Aspose will recognize the barcode. For non-barcoded documents, we expect Aspose to return blank/no barcode and our process will keep going.

Thanks.

Joanna

Hi Joanna,

Thank you very much for the clarification. We’ll update you once the issue is resolved.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi,

Is there any update for this issue? I got the latest PDF.Kit 2.9.0 this morning, still doesn't work. We disabled the barcode functionality in production, please expdite this request.

Thanks.

Hi Joanna,

I’m sorry to inform you that this issue is not resolved in this release. Our team is working on this issue and we’ll try to provide a resolution for this issue the earliest possible.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi, Please provide an ETA on this, we have a release on May 7th, a hotfix prior to that date would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Joanna,

Please find attached the hot fix for this issue - Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java 2.9.2. The issue is resolved in this hot fix, please download and try it at your end.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 15955) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.