Urgent - Re-Layout Code Not Working

Hi Andrew,

andyww:

This is generated using exactly the same code. Here is the code I am using for the layout portion:

LayoutOptions compactTreeOptions = new LayoutOptions
{
LayoutStyle = LayoutStyle.CompactTree,
SpaceShapes = (float)0.5,
Direction = LayoutDirection.RightThenDown,
EnlargePage = false
};

diagram.Layout(compactTreeOptions);
In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50997, we require your complete code. The result GIF is more complex than the old one. It will help us to track and fix CompactTree style issue.

Hi Andrew,
Peskind:
I think I have the same problem. I've tried with latest hotfix, only VDX file looks properly, in PDF and VSDX all connectors wasn't recalculated. If I move shapes in Visio, (VSDX file), they will be adjusted, but I don't have this ability in PDF file.
Thank you for the details. We managed to replicate the problem of incorrect layout of connector. We have logged tickets in our bug tracking system as below:

DIAGRAMNET-51180: Incorrect layout of connectors on saving in the VSDX format
DIAGRAMNET-51181: Incorrect layout of connectors on saving in the PDF format

We shall keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Hi,

Unfortunately my code obtains the relational source data from a database. Therefore it would be no help to post the code here.

Wouldn’t your layout algorithms perform the same irrespective of the complexity?

Hi Andrew,

Well, each algorithm can always be improved. We need to investigate the cause of defects or the unexpected behavior of the algorithm. For this purpose, we require to replicate the same scenario on our side. You can prepare a simple console application which may not connect to the database. You just need to incorporate the direct values, remove junk data/code which is useless for Aspose.Diagram API, make sure that it reproduces the same problem in your working environment, and then share its zip archive in this forum thread. If we cannot replicate a problem, then it is almost not possible to fix it elegantly.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket IDs DIAGRAMNET-51180 and DIAGRAMNET-51181, please download and try the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for .NET 17.3.2.0. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

Hi,

Thanks for the further hot fix. However having tried it it has made no difference to the broken layout. Maybe the fixes were in response to the problem highlighted by Peskind in an earlier post?

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the inquiry. You are right. These fixes are in response to the problems highlighted by Peskind. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Peskind:
I think I have the same problem. I've tried with latest hotfix, only VDX file looks properly, in PDF and VSDX all connectors wasn't recalculated. If I move shapes in Visio, (VSDX file), they will be adjusted, but I don't have this ability in PDF file.
Imran Rafique:
Thank you for the details. We managed to replicate the problem of incorrect layout of connector. We have logged tickets in our bug tracking system as below:

DIAGRAMNET-51180: Incorrect layout of connectors on saving in the VSDX format
DIAGRAMNET-51181: Incorrect layout of connectors on saving in the PDF format

We shall keep you informed regarding any available updates.
Imran Rafique:
In reference to the ticket IDs DIAGRAMNET-51180 and DIAGRAMNET-51181, please download and try the latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for .NET 17.3.2.0. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

Yes, it was for me. I suppose, in my case it was easier to solve the problem.

Now it works much better (connectors will be moved properly), but if the diagram is more complex there are still some problems with node distribution.

In the second row for example - both PDf and VSXD.
And sometimes the connector labels are not properly formated (in PDF)

Hi Peskin,

Thank you for the inquiry. Kindly provide us your complete code which you are using to generate the VSDX drawing and also saving that drawing in the PDF format. Please also create an expected Visio drawing using Microsoft Visio application. It will help us to compare the structure of shapes, and then analyze the problem. You may also remove the additional rows of shapes and create a minimum drawing which reproduces the problem in your working environment. Your response is awaited.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-51180;DIAGRAMNET-51181) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 17.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hello,

10 months have elapsed since I raised this bug. I think I have been very patient. Please confirm when this fix will be released.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the inquiry. It is a complex task (DIAGRAMNET-50997) as we shared with you in our earlier post. For the same ticket, we also require the complete code of a shared GIF file which we have asked in our earlier post here. We are in communication with our product team and will let you know about latest updates soon.

Hello, its getting on for a year now, which in anyones eyes is pretty excessive to wait for a bug fix?

Can I have an update please?

@andyww,
Unfortunately, there is no update in this yet. We are in communication with our product team and will get back to you soon with the latest update.

When exactly? Its getting beyond a joke now.

@andyww,
We are sorry for the delay. Our product team has plans to investigate and fix the issue in the next month. However, we cannot guarantee to resolve the issue because it is a complex task. We recommend our clients to save the Visio drawing in latest file formats, e.g. VSDX. Microsoft Visio Application 2013 and higher versions do not allow to save drawings into VSD and VDX formats. Microsoft Visio Application has added support of an alternative format VSDX.

Hi - Can you provide a status update on this please. I’ve yet to receive any confirmation that this bug has been fixed as we are approaching 2 years since I originally raised it.

@andyww,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. It is a complex task and has less priority because of the old VDX format. In order to escalate priority, we recommend you to post this ticket Id in the paid support forum. Please refer to this helping link: Aspose support options. We are also gathering information, and will let you in case any available updates.

@andyww,

In addition to the above reply, we have made improvements to the layout of the drawing. Please download and try the latest version 18.6 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API, and then let us know how that goes into your environment. If any layout scenario does not work, then please send all data of the problematic scenario. Your response is awaited.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50997) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by philip.zhou