Urgent: Unable to extract PDF Forms. InvalidCastExcpetion on using PdfFileEditor.Extract

Hi,

We are a licenced Aspose.PDF customer..

When we use PDFFileEditor.Extract to extract pages from user editied and saved PDF forms, we get the following exception:

Unable to cast object of type 'xeb116a323308e2f7.xae94bcfc1c7ddd9a' to type 'xeb116a323308e2f7.x0b25947bdf0fba40'.

Initially we got the error when we used Aspose.pdf.kit version 4.9 (Product version: 2010.09.27)

So we verified this with the latest Aspose.pdf.kit version 5.6 (Product Version: 2011.05.27). We get the same error with your latest Aspose.pdf.kit as well..

This issue occurs only with certain set of user fillable PDF forms. There are other pdf forms that work with out issue.. For your reference i have attached a PDF file that throws this exception and another pdf file that doesn't throw this exception.

And following is the code snippet we use to extract pages:

FileStream outStream = new FileStream(outFile, FileMode.OpenOrCreate, FileAccess.ReadWrite, FileShare.ReadWrite);

//Instantiating PdfFileEditor object
PdfFileEditor editor = new PdfFileEditor();

int[] pages = new int[] { pageNo };

//Calling Extract method
editor.Extract(inStream, pages, outStream);

This is a production issue. We would appreciate if you could provide us a resolution ASAP.

Alpana Prasad<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi Alpana,

I have reproduced this problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-28391 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Shazad,

Thanks for the prompt response. This is a critical production issue for us and an obvious bug in PDF Forms handling for aspose. Is it possible to prioritize this fix as an emergency? Is there anything else we can do to escalate the priority on this fix? Please let me know the ETA for the fix.

Thanks

Alpana

Shahzad,

Please validate for the following scenarios in PDF Forms also:

1. User adds text box to the pdf and adds text

2. User drags a checkbox, drop down or some other control provided by adobe

3. User does redaction in adobe

The Extract call should work for all these types of pdfs.

Thanks

Alpana

Hi Alpana,

The mentioned features are supported with the Aspose.Pdf.Kit. However, due to certain situations such issues might occur. I have increased the priority of this issue. I have also asked our team to share the ETA of this issue. You’ll be updated as soon as the response is received.

Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Do you have an ETA?

Thanks

Alpana

Hi Alpana,

I’m sorry to inform you that the ETA of this issue is not yet available. Please spare us some time and you’ll be updated as soon as the ETA is available.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 28391) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.