URI Exception after changing version

Hi there,

I have just changed Aspose.Words for JUava version from 13.6 to 14.3 by replacing the jars in our project. I have made no further changes. Running the code I now get an exception I did not get with the previous jar.

What has changed in the last 10 months that I can no longer run this code and how can I fix this?

Code:
final Document document = new Document(templatePath);

where the templatePath is something like: /D:/workspace/exus-Suite/plugins/org.business.reporting.aspose.words/data/aspose/words/templates/Report Design.doc

exception I get:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not absolute
at java.net.URI.toURL(URI.java:1095)
at asposewobfuscated.zz2H.zzpy(Unknown Source)
at asposewobfuscated.zzDI.zzYI(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.(Unknown Source)

PS:
I did try replacing the space with %20 and it made no difference.

Thanks

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 14.3.0. If you still face problem, please attach your input Word document here for testing. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

I am sorry, I meant to say that I have upgraded from 13.6 to 14.3 (I edited the original post). That was a typo.
I have done no changes other than changing the jar, and on changing it back it all works again. Therefore I am fairly certain that it has nothing to do with the template itself. As the exception may indictae, it never gets as far as opening the word document. You can reproduce that error with any word document I expect.

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have tested the same scenario with different documents and have not faced any exception. Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without the document. We need your document to reproduce the problem. As soon as you share your document, we’ll start our investigation into your issue.