Thanks for your support earlier online, further to this please find below an outline of the issues we are having.
We have been using your PDF creation software for sometime now and never had any issues, as such we upgraded to the latest version recently and are now having issues creating files. Basically from time to time when we try and create the PDF 0kb files are being generated. No errors are caught within our code either. We have fond however that if we simply change the font size or add a table row the PDF then does get created. Once we have made the edit then the PDF seems to create fine but when we try and create another one this can fail, and again setting the Font size to something different seems to fix it. Obviously we can’t carry on with ad-hoc fixes when the issue seems to be related to the PDF creation software.
We have created a standalone project for you to take a look at but can’t post it up to the forum, can you please let me have an email address where I can send it. We have added both 2 types of JSON file to the project one which works and one which fails.
I have though uploaded to the forum a PDF file showing the issue, the text in red within the table (Observation Check-in) is larger then the other text and this is the only way we can get the PDF to create.
Line 195 - We can switch the font size to get it working.
Line 22 - Switch between a working file and broken file (broken file will work if we change the font size)
c# in .NET
Windows 2008 Server
Your rapid response would be appreciated.
We have now sent you and email with a download link to our code files.
Just some additional information to help you get to the bottom of the issue.
Today I rolled back to an earlier version of aspose, 3 or 4 I think, and the PDF created where it would not before and it was able to be opened. However there are some image issues which are shown in the screenshots.
From what I can gather, when putting images into table cells / table rows it has an issue calculating whether or not it fits on the page, or should be moved to the next one. Which explains why changing the font size, or moving the order of sections can make or brake the creation as this might push or pull the images further down or up the page, avoiding the little window for error.
Also when I think this happens, it destroys the whole table. Those screens that have tables that have had more than 1 row of 3 images but all of them seem to get removed and placed in the bottom left corner, half off the page. At one point I put a border onto each table cell to see what borders I could see when the images had gone weird like that. But you can only see evidence of 1 x cell border, with a height of 0.