We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Usage Rights after PDF concatenate

We use PDF.Kit in our production environment to concatenate multiple forms into packages to e-mail/print. Unfortunately, after merging files they are no longer able to be filled/save using Adobe reader. They are all enabled to enable usage rights and are not encrypted before merge. Is it not possible to do this? I have done some researching through your forum and have seen this issue come up a few times. In topic

219669 from 1-28-2010

Hi Ken,

I’m sorry to inform you that it is not possible to enable
extended features in a PDF file using Aspose.Pdf or Aspose.Pdf.Kit.
However, our team is working on a related issue, that is to keep the
extended features enabled if the form is filled and saved using
Aspose.Pdf.Kit. This issue is under process and might take some time
before it can be fully resolved. Are you interested in that sort of
functionality?

Have you made any progress with this?

Hi Greg,

Can you please share the sample input PDF files, so we could test and reproduce the issue at our end? You’ll be updated with the results accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Here are the attached. They are not encrypted and have been enabled to have usage rights in Adobe Reader.

Hi Greg,

We have reproduced this problem at our end and logged it as PDFKITNET-19599 in our issue tracking system. Our team will investigate this issue in detail and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Greg,

Our team has looked into this issue and I would like to share the findings with you. As a matter of fact, the merged document loses extended rights; this is not strange or wrong as the extended usage rights are provided by special type of signature called UR3 which becomes invalid after merging. So, the only way out is to sign the merged document with a certificate dedicated for UR3 signing. Such certificates are not free and you’ll have to purchase one from a trusted company.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience.
Regards,