Usage rights/extended features support

Does Aspose support usage right/extended features? I am having a problem with inserting a pdf document with usage rights enabled into another pdf document. The resulting document only includes the inserted document with the usage rights, but not the original document. I can work up an example, but I thought I would first ask if there are any know issues before I do that.

Thank you,
Ken

Hi Ken,

Could you please share the input PDF files with us along with the code snippet you’re using at your end, so we could investigate it over here? You’ll be updated with the results accordingly.

Regards,

Attached are some files which exhibited the problem with the code shown below. In this case, the resulting file cannot be displayed by Adobe Acrobat. In other cases, the result is as described in the first post.

TestPdfInsert(@"D:\ReportAssembly\UsageRights\TestDoc0.pdf",
@"D:\ReportAssembly\UsageRights\GRANDVIEW_100 CD_1-26-11.pdf",
@"D:\ReportAssembly\UsageRights\PdfInsertTest.pdf", 2);

private void TestPdfInsert(string baseFilePath, string insertFilePath, string outFilePath, int insertPage)
{
Log("Pdf Insert test starting");
using (FileStream baseFile = new FileStream(baseFilePath, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read))
using (FileStream insertFile = new FileStream(insertFilePath, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read))
{
//get # of pages to add
insertFile.Position = 0;
int pageCount = (new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileInfo(insertFile)).NumberofPages;
//insert file
Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileEditor fileEditor = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileEditor();
using (FileStream outFile = new FileStream(outFilePath, FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write))
{
fileEditor.Insert(baseFile, insertPage, insertFile, 1, pageCount, outFile);
outFile.Close();
}
}
Log("Pdf Insert test completed");
}

Hi Ken,

Thank you very much for sharing the PDF files and the code snippet. I have reproduced this problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-25716 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

What is the outlook on fixing this issue?

Thank you,
Ken

Hi Ken,

Our team is working on this issue and I have asked the team to share the ETA. You’ll be updated as soon as the response is received.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi Ken,

Our team has looked into the issue logged as PDFKITNET-25716 and I would like to share with you that the fix for this issue will be available at the end of September or early October 2011. You’ll be notified via this forum thread once it is resolved.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 25716) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.