Use aspose.pdf to convert PDF to EMF

Hi,
We are looking for a reliable way of printing in session 0, and understand that the System.drawing namespace is not supported to use in session 0 (windows services etc.).

We have a reliable way of printing EMF inside windows service, but our source file is PDF and need to convert it to EMF. I learned that Aspose.PDF can convert PDF to EMF, but the important question is that: does Aspose.PDF involve System.drawing namespace in .NET to do the conversion?

Thanks,
Becky

Hi Becky,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf does not support PDF to EMF conversion. We have already logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-35082 in our issue tracking system for the implementation of the feature. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved. However currently it support SVG vector forma, you may convert PDF to SVG using Aspose.Pdf.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Becky,

Thanks for contacting support.

Adding more to Tilal’s comments, we have a class named EmfDevice which provides the feature to convert PDF pages to EMF format but currently we cannot share the accurate information regarding internal implementation of this feature i.e. either its using System.Drawing or not. However I have asked product team to share the required details and as soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

[C#]

// load PDF document<o:p></o:p>

Document doc = new Document("c:/pdftest/document_with_table.pdf");

// creat EmfDevice object

Aspose.Pdf.Devices.EmfDevice emf = new EmfDevice(new Aspose.Pdf.Devices.Resolution(300));

// perform conversion of first page to EMF image

emf.Process(doc.Pages[1], “c:/pdftest/document_with_table.emf”);

Hi Becky,

Thanks for your patience.

The current implementation of EmfDevice in Aspose.Pdf for .NET is based on System.Drawing namespace. However we have a plan to support EMF/WMF file format in Aspose.Imaging for .NET API which will be independent of System.Drawing namespace and we hope to get it implemented by end of this year. Then EmdDevice will be based on Aspose.Imaging and this feature will be implemented in Aspose.Pdf for .NET. As soon as this feature becomes available, we will let you know.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-35082) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.1.