Use client fonts (not embed the fonts into the pdf)

Hello,

I want to generate a pdf that would let the viewer look for locally installed fonts before approximating the font.

According to http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/How+to+Control+Embedding+of+Core+and+Windows+Standard+Fonts there should be a setUseCoreFonts method in com.aspose.pdf.PdfSaveOptions. However I just downloaded Aspose.pdf latest version: aspose-pdf-9.7.0-jdk16.jar and this method cannot be found:
error: cannot find symbol
[javac] pdfSaveOptions.setUseCoreFonts(true);
[javac] ^
[javac] symbol: method setUseCoreFonts(boolean)
Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you,

Camille.

Hi Camille,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note, first of all PDFViewer will look for embedded fonts then installed fonts. And if it cannot find the installed fonts it will replace used fonts with system default font. For your requirement you should un-embed the fonts. If you are generating a PDF file from scratch then do not embed the fonts. For existing PDF, please visit following link. You can check whether font is embedded and pass false to isEmbedded() method to un-embed it. hopefully it will help you to accomplish the task. It there is any difference in my understanding and your query, then please a sample document and some more details. So we will look into further and guide you accordingly.

Embedding Fonts in existing PDF document.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,