Use PdfOptions for printing

Hi,

in [.Net] Modifing Handouts header we explained some requirements for Pdf generation as we use the handout mode to add header and footer areas to each slide. We would request to have the same option as well for printouts, so we can add those areas there, too.
For clarification soime screenshots about what information I am talking about (but it already is explained in the other topic related to PDF, which is already working):

image.png (8.4 KB)
image.png (34.1 KB)

Here is some example code about how we imagine to use this option:

var options = new PrintOptions // this class would be similar to PdfOptions
{
    DrawSlidesFrame = true,
	ShowHiddenSlides = false,
	JpegQuality = 100,
	NotesCommentsLayouting = { CommentsPosition = CommentsPositions.None, NotesPosition = NotesPositions.BottomFull },
};

var printDlg = new PrintDialog
{
	AllowSomePages = true,
	PrinterSettings =
	{
		MinimumPage = 1,
		MaximumPage = Presentation.Slides.Count,
		FromPage = 1,
		ToPage = Presentation.Slides.Count,
	}
};

Presentation.Print(printDlg.PrinterSettings, options);

We would appreciate if you would add the same options for printouts as they already exist for PDF.

Kind regards,
Daniel

@Serraniel,

I have observed your requirements and suggest you to please first try using latest Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.11 on your end. If there is still an issue then please provide the source presentation, desired output PDF and generated PDF along with working sample project. We will be able to investigate the issue further on our end on provision of requested information.

Hi,

I guess you missunderstood me. Pdf generation is fine and we already get the desired output (see the examples in the linked topic). We would like to suggest the same options (similar to PdfOptions-class) for the Presentation.Print function, as there currently is no PrintOptions-class or an overload for the Print method which has a parameter for such options.

// Save presentation as PDF
// this saves in handout printout mode including notes and header / footer
var options = new PdfOptions // this class would be similar to PdfOptions
{
    DrawSlidesFrame = true,
	ShowHiddenSlides = false,
	JpegQuality = 100,
	NotesCommentsLayouting = { CommentsPosition = CommentsPositions.None, NotesPosition = NotesPositions.BottomFull },
};

Presentation.Save(fileName, SaveFormat.Pdf, options);

// Printing presentation
// there is no overload for "Print" function which can take "PrintOptions" parameters.
// so you cannot achieve the same output as you get in the above code for the Pdf
var printDlg = new PrintDialog
{
	AllowSomePages = true,
	PrinterSettings =
	{
		MinimumPage = 1,
		MaximumPage = Presentation.Slides.Count,
		FromPage = 1,
		ToPage = Presentation.Slides.Count,
	}
};

Presentation.Print(printDlg.PrinterSettings);

files.zip (246.5 KB)

Kind Regards,
Daniel

@Serraniel,

I have worked over the information shared by you and have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-40725 as new feature request to investigate the possibility of implementing requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Thanks for having a look into it :slight_smile:

@Serraniel,

You are welcome.