Useing Aspose to modify word documents via a web page

Hi,
I own a medical transcripiton company. After we complete our transcriptions MS. Word documents are posted to our database. The doctors log on to the website and retrieve their dictation. Currently they can print directly from the site without opening the documents, save files to their pc or open the word documents. The problem is if they need to make modification they cannot save the files back to my server.
Using Aspose, would I be able to allow the doctors to open their files make modifications and then save the changes back to my web server?

Hi,
Thank you for considering Aspose.Words. Words is a class library, which allows working with MS Word documents programmatically. Aspose.Words does not provide any user interface for viewing or editing documents.
However it is possible to create Document preview, for example by converting your document to image, XPS or SWF format.
Best regards.

Hallo RxTranscript

Dont know if this information is usefull to you, but for the moment we are building a webapplication that are able to build and edit Word documents from a website using aspose.words. If you are interested you are welcome to contact us
Kind Regards
Henrik Stensgaard
Net-ressourcer.dk

Hi Henrik,
Thank you for additional information. It is great that you have chosen Aspose.Words for your project. Please feel free to ask in case of any issues, we will be glad to assist you.
Best regards,

How far did you make it with this project?

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your inquiry. Well, with Aspose.Words API you can programmatically generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Word®. However, Aspose.Words does not offer UI or web control for performing these document processing tasks. There is also no template management portal.

Our sister company GroupDocs.com offers a viewer app which you may consider including in your application to view the various file formats. With GroupDocs apps, you can also have limited editing functionalities. For more information, we suggest you please contact GroupDocs support through live chat or support forums of GroupDocs.

Moreover, if you just want to view pages in web browser, you can convert all pages in your Word document to images and then display them. Here is how you can convert pages to images:

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + @"RonaldStanleyThesis.docx");
ImageSaveOptions opts = new ImageSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Png);
opts.PageIndex = 0;
opts.PageCount = doc.PageCount;
opts.PageSavingCallback = new HandlePageSavingCallback();
doc.Save(MyDir + @"16.3.0.png", opts);
private class HandlePageSavingCallback : IPageSavingCallback
{
    public void PageSaving(PageSavingArgs args)
    {
        args.PageFileName = string.Format(@"D:\Temp\Page_{0}.png", args.PageIndex);
    }
}

Best regards,