Free Support Forum - aspose.com

UseNonMergeFields- INCLUDETEXT- footer/header

Hello

I've several word documents that use the same footer. I want to put the footer part in a single document and then merge the generic footer in my doc.

This is the perfect field type for me : << INCLUDETEXT <>

And.... that work fine for me... I know that some users complains about that in forum, but for me is good! I just need to made replace("\","\\") to the filepath before merge it. So, my problem is that is not working in the FOOTER AREA !!!

I read a couple of forum threads about that subjet but nothing about this specific problem. Can you help me with this?

It seems that the property UseNonMergeFields = true, don't have effect on the footer/header area. What you think?

Thanks

Nick

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. If you need to do replacement during mail merge then you should use MergeField event handler. For example see the following code:

public void Test252()

{

string[] names = { "mytext" };

string[] values = { @"C:\Temp\my.txt" };

Document doc = new Document(@"Test252\in.doc");

doc.MailMerge.MergeField += new MergeFieldEventHandler(MailMerge_MergeField252);

doc.MailMerge.Execute(names, values);

doc.Save(@"Test252\out.doc");

}

void MailMerge_MergeField252(object sender, MergeFieldEventArgs e)

{

if (e.FieldName == "mytext")

{

e.Text = e.FieldValue.ToString().Replace(@"\", @"\\");

}

}

Hope this helps.

In this case you don’t need to use UseNonMergeFields. See the following link for more information.

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/aspose.words.reporting.mailmerge.usenonmergefields.html

Best regards.

Is not what i'm looking for...

I want to use the INCLUDETEXT in the footer area...

I can use the INCLUDETEXT in document but NOT in the footer area!

I think that the UseNonMergeFields do not work in the footer/header area.

If I put the same !! INCLUDETEXT !!MERGEFIELD!! !! in the footer and the core... The field in the core will work and the field in the footer will NOT work.

I don't get the same result in the footer area that i get in the main area.

thanks

Nick

Sorry. I forgot to attach my documents. Please check the attached documents and let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Also please attach your document for testing.

Best regards.

I found one solution.

For Each aStory As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Range In _WordApplication.ActiveDocument.StoryRanges

aStory.Fields.Update()

Next aStory

I need to open a the document with word interop and update all fields in ALL RANGES. That work for me.

Thanks

Nick

It is nice that you found solution.

Best regards.