We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Using a date cell value

Hi,

I am using a trial version of aspose.cells for java; if a read an excel date cell value to write it to an other workbook, I have no problem, but if I only want to read it to use it by program in an other way (I use JYTHON in fact), how can I easily get a string value of a date ?; of course I can use the java object returned by getValue and I have done it (getTime, getDate, getMonth, getYear....); only I wonder if there is an easier way of doing it , staying in aspose.cells, without the need to know the java calendar object ? I cannot find this in the doc and I find this strange....

Thanks in advance for your help

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Formatting Selected Characters in a Cell - Aspose.Cells for .NET and Java

Hi,

I think you may use Cell.getStringValue() method to get the string value from the cell if it works for your need.

Kindly do let us know if you still find any problem, we will be happy to help you soon.

Thank you.

Thank you for your quick answer; it works and it seems obvious (afterwards ....); I should have guessed alone...