Using a PPT Template with a spreadsheet embedded

I am not sure if this is a Cells or Slides problem as I am using both products and can't find an answer in the demos or documentation for either yet. I have a powerpoint template that contains an Excel spreadsheet. I am reading data from a SQL database and inserting it into the individual cells of the excel spreadsheet. When I step through the code and look at the value of a cell it seems correct, but when the presentation is complet none of the spreadsheet is filled in at all. Some of my code is pasted below: (there are alot more cells than this so this is a sampling)

Dim oWorkbook As New Aspose.Cells.Workbook

Dim oOLEFormat As PowerPoint.OLEFormat

Dim oWorksheet As Aspose.Cells.Worksheet

Dim oRange As Aspose.Cells.Range

Dim excelObj As OleObjectFrame = oSlide.Shapes.Item(43)

Dim ms As New MemoryStream(excelobj.ObjectData)

oWorkbook.Open(ms)

oWorksheet = oWorkbook.Worksheets(0)

'put a string into a cell

oWorksheet.Cells("B1").PutValue("FY" + Mid(CStr(_startYear + 5), 3, 2))

'put a number into a cell

oWorksheet.Cells("D10").PutValue(rowRoot.BFdYR8)

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Hello Dear,

I have discussed the issue with Aspose.Cells teams as well and feel sorry to share that the information shared by you in not sufficient enough to reproduce the issue. It will really appreciable, if you please share project code with us so that we may investigate and try to resolve the issue. Please also try using the latest versions of our products, i.e. Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.3.0 and Aspose.Cell for .NET 5.1.3.

Thanks and Regards,

I can not use the newer versions of Aspose because they are not approved by the agency I work with, only Cells 4.7.1 and Slides 2.9.2 are currently approved for use on our network.

I am attaching a file that contains all the code I use to generate my slides. The file will not compile as it uses web services that I have not included and I can not give you access to those. Some code has been changed but nothing that should affect the working of the ASPOSE. I will also attach the powerpoint template. The object numbers may change in the template as I must edit it before sending for security.

Hello Dear,

We are investigating the issue and we will get back to you ASAP with our finding. We appreciate your patience in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

This thread can be closed/cancelled/removed. I have managed to get myself back to where I was last October - just the resizing issue. (I can finally try the fix!)