Using Aspose.Slides on Linux Container with .NET Core Does Not Release Memory

Using aspose slide on linux container with .net core does not release memory
It just accumulates on every ppt download.

aspose slides version - 22.12
.net core 5

@ansamohdsh
Could you please share the source code and source files to further investigate this issue in detail?

My docker file has:

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/aspnet:5.0-focal
RUN echo ttf-mscorefonts-installer msttcorefonts/accepted-mscorefonts-eula select true | debconf-set-selections
RUN apt-get update -q && \
  DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer fontconfig libgdiplus curl -y -q && \
  fc-cache -vr

Aspose version : 23.4
.net core 5

Memory keeps on growing on linux container with just the below code:

for (int i = 0; i < 20; i++)
{
    using (var presentation = new Presentation("DiagnosticReportExportTemplate.pptx"))
    {
        using (var ms = new MemoryStream())
        {
            presentation.Save(ms, SaveFormat.Pptx);
        }
    }
}

DiagnosticReportExportTemplate.zip (514.8 KB)

@ansamohdsh,
Thank you for the details.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-43994

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you for creating a ticket.
How can i track the progress on this issue?
This is a blocker issue for our team to publish our changes to production in MAY 2023.

@ansamohdsh,
You can check the status of the issue at the bottom of this forum thread.

Hello @andrey.potapov and @stanislav.miroshnichenko1

Any update on our issue. Our May 2023 release is blocked due to this aspose slides issue.

@ansamohdsh,
The issue is still open. Unfortunately, I don’t have additional information yet. We apologize for any inconvenience.

When can we expect a fix for this ticket? We are delayed in our May 2023 release.
Please suggest.

@ansamohdsh,
I requested plans on the issue from our development team for you. Thank you for your patience.

@ansamohdsh,
Please specify the following additional information:

• Which exactly .NET target framework are you using?
  • How do you use Aspose.Slides (assembly reference or NuGet package)?

We are using .net core 5.0 ( “net5.0”)
and referring Aspose.Slides.NET from NuGet package. I have also shared our docker file in the thread above. @andrey.potapov

@ansamohdsh,
Thank you for the additional information. I forwarded it to our developers.

@ansamohdsh,
Could you please also share your metrics? For example, what is the memory consumption at the last iteration of the cycle?

image.png (83.8 KB)

image.png (78.8 KB)

I just now triggered 2 ppt downloads, the same ppt that i attached earlier in my code snippet. With each ppt download, the memory spike is of 700-900Mbs and it does not release memory after the operation completes.
No memory is released after the ppt operations.
@andrey.potapov

@ansamohdsh,
Thank you for the additional information. I forwarded it to our developers.

@andrey.potapov We have already purchased a new license and paid support for Aspose.
Please expedite the ticket and share us the update as we have a critical release (May 2023) pending due to it.

Paid support ticket id - #176860

@ansamohdsh,
As far as I can see in our issue-tracking system, the issue has been prioritized. I have requested a special build with a fix for you as soon as possible.

@andrey.potapov Thank you so much for taking this up on priority.
Do you have any timeline by when it would be available ?

@ansamohdsh,
Our developers are already investigating the case. We are awaiting a detailed feedback and ETA this week.