Using Aspose.Words v10.7.0.0 with a word 2016 document

Hi.

I’m using Aspose.Words version 10.7.0.0. Yes, very old version and we haven’t renewed our license unfortunatly. And as I understand it we cannot get a later version because our license has expired, but we can use the older versions?

Anyhow. We use Aspose.Words for different actions in our .net application. And we just changed a template (.dotm, created in Word 2010) to a newer template (.dotx, created in Word 2016). And we’re getting an error saying that the “file is corrupt”. I cannot se anything wrong with the new template, so I’m wondering if the version of Aspose has something to do with it?

This is where I get the exception:
AsposeHelper.SetLicence();
Document doc = new Document(documentTemplateStream); // Here the exception says “corrupt file”
documentTemplateStream.Close();

Thanks in advance.

@beanie

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that we do not provide support for older released versions of Aspose.Words. Moreover, we do not provide any fixes or patches for old versions of Aspose products either. All fixes and new features are always added into new versions of our products.

We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Aspose.Words as it contains newly introduced features, enhancements and fixes to the issues that were reported earlier.

Please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.