Using with SSL

Hi Ben,

Everything working fine with the new version until we use SSL. What do we have to do to aspose.excel to enable it to work on a website using SSL?

Regards
iain

Dear iain,

Could you elaborate on what’s happening?

It is encouraged to discuss here for technical issues.

Thanks for your cooporation.

Without SSL the MS Excel file is opened in readonly mode. Everthing OK.

With SSL the file download box appears with an error dialog saying:
Internet Explorer cannot download [filename] from [IP address]
Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later. OK

Once OK is clicked I am left at the parameters page that produces the file in the first place.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Iain

Hi Ben,

It seems to be an IE problem as I can get to it via Opera (although it uses Visual studio.net to open it!!).

Any idea what setting it could be?

Regards
iain

Dear Iain,

Yes you’re right. It’s an IE problem.

You may receive the following error message if you click a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) hyperlink on an Excel worksheet or in a Microsoft Works document:

Cannot find server - page can not be displayed

This problem is fixed in Internet Explorer 6 SP1 and the August 22, 2002, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer (323759) or later. For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

323759 MS02-047: August 22, 2002, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer

This is copied from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 325192.

Hi

I am getting the same error described by this thread although I am using IE 6.0 SP1, Q82145, Q330994, Q832894!

and is that means that we have to get all our clients to update their browsers for this to work?

Regards,
Emad Aljumah

Dear Emad,

You’re correct.