We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

V3.3 "Wrong image extracting- please check your pdf."

I have taken over maintenance on an application (Windows Service) that uses Aspose.Pdf.Kit v3.3.0.0 to extract a PDF file, then (a newly upgraded) Aspose.Barcode to process barcodes from the image.

When invoking PdfExtractor.ExtractImage(), a System.IOException is thrown with the message "Wrong image extracting, please check your pdf."

This issue may simply be my development environment, since the application has worked for years in multiple environments with little issue.

The exact code is:
PdfExtractor pdfExtractor = new PdfExtractor();
pdfExtractor.BindPdf(filename);
// set page range for image extraction
pdfExtractor.StartPage = 1;
pdfExtractor.EndPage = 1;
// extract the images
pdfExtractor.ExtractImage();

I don’t know if it is relevant, but the first issue I encountered was a missing .res file for the PDF.Kit assembly, which is copied over from Program Files (x86)\Aspose\Aspose.Pdf.Kit\Bin\net2.0.

Also, the project is currently in VS2010, being built in .NET 4.0 on Windows 7 x64. The project builds and runs correctly in another similar development environment.
Also, here is the relevant stacktrace:
at x30a678191d9b1780.x542b077cf1ddeb66.xd88348c4c144fb81()
at Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfExtractor.ExtractImage()

Hello Ricky,

Thanks for using our products. Can you please share the source PDF document so that we can test the scenario at our end. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Here is the example.

Hi Rickey,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the template file.

I checked your issue with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET an it works fine. I have attached the generated image for your reference. Please download and try the latest merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.5 and try it. We have merged both Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET as one product and Aspose.Pdf.kit for .NET has been discontinued. All the feature of Aspose.Pdf.kit can be found under Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace in the merged component. You may also check the following links for details regarding migrating from old versions to Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.x.

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/migration-from-aspose-pdf-kit-to-aspose-pdf-6-x.html

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/changes-required-when-migrating-from-aspose-pdf-kit.html

If you still face any problem, please feel free to contact support.

Thank You & Best Regards,

That’s great, except I’m not using the latest version. I’m using an older version, as indicated in the subject. My client has been using this version without issue and has no other need to upgrade, nor has the budget.

I was hoping that this issue had been encountered before and there would be some assistance you could provide. I’m not expecting a great deal, even just a little more insight into possible reasons or more details about the error that is occurring.

Hi Ricky,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well, you are using a very old version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit and the product has been discontinued now. It is not possible for us to test the issue in that version and also it is against our company policies. As recommended before, you can download and try the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET or the other workaround can be that you can check the license expiry date of the version your client is using and try a version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET which was release before the expiration date of the license. This way you can check if that version works fine or not. If that works fine, you can upgrade to that version and use the current license. You can check for the available version with their release dates from the download section using the following link:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.pdf.kit-for-.net/category1185.aspx

Sorry for the inconvenience,