Value in a TextBoxField is not visible

I have attached a PDF which shows the problem: if you open the document with Adobe Acrobat Reader (I am using version 10.1), you won’t see any values in the Text Box fields. However if you click on a field, you will be able to see the value.

The code I have is:

Document pdfDocument = new Document(fileName);
PdfForms.Field formField = pdfDocument.Form[fieldName] as PdfForms.Field;

if (formField is PdfForms.TextBoxField)
{
PdfForms.TextBoxField textBoxField = formField as PdfForms.TextBoxField;
textBoxField.Value = value;
}

pdfDocument.Save(@“C:\Temp\output.pdf”);
What I am missing?

I have also added “Before Click.png”, a screen shot of an empty field, and “After Click.png”, a screenshot when you click on the fied, all are taken from Acrobat Reader.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Your template PDF file is missing from your post. Please attach the template PDF file again (as your post only has “Before Click.png” and “After Click.png” files attached). Your template PDF file will help us check / identify the cause of the issue soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Here is the PDF

I have done another simple test using Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form

Here is the code:

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form pdfForm = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form("pf0177.pdf", "test.pdf");
pdfForm.FillField("Applicant", "This is a multiline\raddress\rtest");
pdfForm.Save();
I have attached the PDF form.
If you run the above code, you need to click on field to see the content 
(tested with Acrobat Reader and Nitro)
Please let me know what's wrong.
<!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–>

Hello Jean-Christophe,

I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-30015. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

With this bug, and the two other ones (PDFNEWNET-29589 and PDFNEWNET-30016), Aspose.Pdf version 6.1 is just not usable if you want to manipulate form fields. Is there any other solutions? We have an OEM license for Aspose.Pdf, is Aspose.Pdf.Kit better?

Hello Jean-Christophe,

First of all please accept our humble apologies for the inconvenience that you have been facing because of these issues. In fact the form filling features used to work very well in Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET but I am afraid during code merge, such issues have been introduced in Aspose.Pdf for .NET. We will try our level best to get these issues fixed ASAP.

We have been encouraging all our customers to migrate to this new merged API and continue using it. However in your particular case, if form filling is an important feature, you may consider using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET to complete the code functionality you need and once these issues are fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET, you can migrate your code to be used with Aspose.Pdf for .NET. In case you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

Like you, I have also some commitments to deliver my works in a timely manner. If the latest version of Aspose.Pdf is the issue, and I confirm, form filling is a must have, then I am happy to switch to Aspose.Pdf.Kit as long as the license file will still work. If not, can you can send me a new license file so my clients aren’t blocked with these bugs?

Hello Jean-Christophe,

As I have shared earlier, during my testing, I have observed that form filling feature is working correctly when using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET. Therefore if your current license is valid for recent release version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET, you may continue using the same license file.Once the license subscription is expired, you might not be able to use it with any new release but you can continue using it, as long as we want. Please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 30015) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

This bug is not completely fixed: it doesn’t work for images.

I have attached a sample: if you go to the latest page, for question 10, there is an image, but you need to click on the field to see it.

I am using Aspose.PDF 6.4.0 and the code is:
form.FillImageField(fieldName, imageFileName);

Let me know if you need more information and if there is a workaround.

Seeing that more than 2 months has past, can you let me know please if there are any updates to the issue with images as jclegall above has mentioned?

This post is redundant. I just realised there is another thread dedicated for this issue Images not visible.