Values of mail merged fields in text boxes do not show when document saved as pdf

I am evaluating Aspose.Words and have previously reported two product issues that have been acknowledged and entered as bugs (WORDSNET-11245 and WORDSNET-11285). I just ran into another serious problem that I found was already submitted by another user in December as WORDSNET-11204.

The problem is that when a merged document is saved as a pdf (or even a doc), merged fields contained within text boxes or shapes appear as <> rather than the merged value. When the merged document is saved as a docx, the merged values appear properly. Unfortunately, we require pdfs. This issue is a showstopper for us.

Is there a viable workaround? Is there a sense of when a patch will be available to correct this problem?

Additional information - this problem only appears to occur when the mailmerge template document is docx format (in other words, doc works fine). While we would like to use some of the features only available in the docx format, using doc is a practical short-term work-around.

Hi Donald,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document, piece of source code and generated PDF file here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

I have attached documents that should allow you to recreate the problem.

Hi Donald,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words for .NET 14.12.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link. I hope, this helps.
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

unfortunately I can reproduce it with 14.12.0 Version installed with nuget.
docx with mailmerge doesen’t replaces <> Fields in Textboxes when saved as pdf or html.

With a Template saved as doc the Fields are evaluated.

I attached the two templates for further examination

regards

Chris

With 14.12.0, the problem we were encountering no longer occurs.Thank you.

Hi Donald,

Thanks for your inquiry. It is great you were able to resolve this issue using Aspose.Words 14.12.0 on your end. Please let us know any time you have any further queries.

Best regards,