Variation in font size between input excel file and generated PDF file

Hi team,

I am facing an issue where the font size of the generated Pdf output is smaller than the input font size (Excel File).
I found out that the issue is with Aspose . I have created a DLL file , which user has to reference it in their console application and call ReadandGeneratePDF().Find the DLL file attached.

Steps:
1.Create a console application.
2.Reference the attached DLL in your application.
3.Call ReadandGeneratePDF() in the application.
4.We have attached the input file (IssueFont.xlsx) . Put the file in your project and give reference to it in your classlibrary file.
5.Run the application.

Compare the .XLSX file in the dll with the generated output pdf.

Please revert back for any clarification.

Thank you.

Hi Nicole,

We are sorry for inconvenience. As your issue pertains to Aspose.Cells, so we are moving your request to related forum. There one of my colleagues will guide you appropriately.

Best Regards,

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

We have evaluated your presented scenario our end while using the code snippets from the sample project against the latest build of Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.7.2.3 API. Unfortunately, we were unable to observe any problem with the font size in the generated PDF file. Your provided spreadsheet (IssueFont.xlsx) has text in font size 8, and so does the text in generated PDF. Please note, I have used Acrobat Professional 7 to evaluate the font size. Please have a look at the attached snapshot.

We would request you to give the latest version a try at your end. In case the problem persists, please provide more details on how are you measuring the font size in PDF file.

Looking forward to your test results.

Hi team,

Could you please test the font size across all the lines in the output screenshot.

I have attached the output screenshot, I have highlighted the regions in yellow which has different font size which is 8.5 and 7.5 respectively in the screenshot.

Please note The excel file, from which the output generated, has same font size defined for all the contents.

Please let us know on this fix immediately as this is very high production issue. Awaiting your quick response. Thanks.

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for providing the screen shot of the problem.

We have re-evaluated the presented scenario with Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.7.2.5 and found the said problem in generated PDF file. The font size in spreadsheet is 8 whereas the generated PDF file has text with font sizes 8.5 and 7.5. A ticket (CELLSNET-42474) has been logged in our bug tracking system to look further into this matter. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause, and to provide a fix at earliest (if applicable). In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the fix: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.7.2.6
and let us know your feedback.

Hi Team,

I have tried the fix (Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.7.2.6 ) provided by you. Now the font size is consistent yet the font size in the generated pdf is 1 more than what was supplied in the input excel file.

Input font size was 11 but the output pdf had 12 as font size.

Can we get the same size as present in the excel file.

I have included the input excel and a screenshot of the generated pdf file.

Please revert back for any clarifiation.

Thanks,

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for writing back.

In reference to your recently shared results, we have re-opened the ticket as we were able to observe the font size variation while using the fix version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.7.2.6. We have attached the recent results as well as the sample spreadsheet to the ticket already associated with this thread, and have requested the development team to look into this matter again for possible justification. As soon as we receive any news in this regard, we post here for your kind reference.

Hi,

We have evaluated your issue further.
Well, it has enlarged or shrunk in horizontal and vocational direction a bit according to the different default fonts and different font size while generation the PDF file format. The font may not be the same sized as it is in the spreadsheet. For confirmation, you may also use MS Excel to generate the PDF, the font size in the PDF is also different.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42474) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

I have tried the fix provided by you (Aspose.Cells v8.0.0.0), as mentioned in the previous post, the font size is consistent throughout, yet it is 0.5 more than what was supplied.

Thanks,

Please revert back for any clarification.

Hi,

Could you provide the output PDF file by Aspose.Cells here. Also provide the output PDF file using MS Excel built-in renderer. Moreover, please attach some screen shots to compare both files to highlight the problematic areas, we will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi Nicole,

Please give a try to the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.4.2.2 in reference to the ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-42474. Please note, the font size in the PDF generated with aforesaid revision of the Aspose.Cells API is the same as of the PDF generated with Excel application.