VBA digital sign is lost during conversion

Hi

I’ve noticed that digital sign for VBA is lost during conversion legacy formats to openXML and vise versa. Also Aspose does not have ability to check if VBA code is signed or not.

Attaching two excel files before conversion and after - just for example.

Best regards,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Thanks for the template files.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found that VBA digital sign is lost during conversion (XLSM to XLS). I used the template XLSM file provided by you and converted to XLS file format with the following sample code:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\Book2.xlsm”);
workbook.Save(“e:\test2\out1Book2.xlsm.xls”, SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-43878” for your issue. We will look into it to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Thank you for quick response.

Aspose.Words and Slides also have such behaviour. Attached previously Excel file was as an example.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Please spare us little time (a week or so), we will try to figure your issue out soon.

Once your logged issue is fixed, we will let you know with the fixed version here.

Thank you.

Hi Alex,

Can you please also attach Word and PowerPoint samples for further investigation?

Best Regards,

Sorry for delay.

Here you go.

Hi Alex,

The issue has been logged for Aspose.Slides as SLIDESNET-36837 and we will keep you updated on this issue in this thread however we were not able to reproduce the issue using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET.

If we convert attached DOCM to DOC using 15.8.0 version of Aspose.Words, the VBA signature is there in the output DOC. Can you please test with the latest version and share the steps to reproduce the issue if the problem persists?

Best Regards,

Thank you for quick answer

I’ve just checked conversion on latest Aspose.Word 15.8.1.0 - all works ok.

Many thanks,
Alex Shloma
Hi,

This is to inform you that the issue logged earlier as CELLSNET-43878 has been resolved. Hopefully, we will provide the fix in the next week here after ensuring the quality and incorporating other enhancements.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.3.2

We have fixed your issue “CELLSNET-43878” now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi,

I tested on my set of files and found out that issue is fixed for legacy formats (XLS, XLT).

But I was able to replicate the same issue with XLSB files (sample file attached).

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Thanks for your template file and screen shot.

This issue (digital signatures lost in XLSB) is probably linked to your other ticket “CELLSNET-43920” which we have re-opened now. Also, could you paste your sample code here, we need to check which file format you are saving your XLSB file to, so we could either reopen your ticket “CELLSNET-43878” or log another one.

Thank you.
Yeah, this must be the same issue as in the ticket "CELLSNET-43920". It is even the same sample XLSB file.

Code sample as requested

var w = new Workbook("signed VBA.xlsb");
w.Save("signed VBA.xlsb.xlsm", SaveFormat.Xlsm);

Best regards,
Alex Shoma

Hi,

Thanks for the sample code and further details.

After an initial test using your sample code with your template file, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found that VBA digital signature is lost during conversion (XLSB to XLSM). I used the template XLSB file provided by you and converted to XLSM file format with the following sample code:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\signed VBA.xlsb”);
Console.WriteLine(workbook.VbaProject.IsSigned);//True - Ok

workbook.Save(“e:\test2\out1.xlsm”, SaveFormat.Xlsm);

I have logged a separate ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44166” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue logged earlier as “CELLSNET-44166”. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Once the fix is available for public use, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43878;CELLSNET-44166) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Tested on my side.

VBA digital signature remains intact.

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issues are fixed by the new release, we have closed your tickets now. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have any other issue or queries/comments, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

Will I get notification regarding SLIDESNET-36837 on this thread?

Hi Alex,

I like to share that you will get notification about SLIDESNET-36837 in this thread once the issue will be fixed. We will really appreciate your patience in this regard till the time the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,