VCF from EML is not displayed properly

@kashif.iqbal
When I am exporting the eml file which having .vcf attachment. That attachment is showing nothing when export into pst and open into outlook 10 (32bit) it is not showing any value. I am using for that aspose librarary 18.4. So please check this.
I have attached the screen shot of vcf attachement.

RameshwarVcfAttachment.zip (28.2 KB)

@Rajmohammad,

I have tested one of the sample email having VCF as attachment. This email is converted to MapiMessage and then added to PST. This output PST file is opened in Outlook and this message is opened. It is observed that this attachment VCF file is opened fine and all the text is there in the VCF.

It seems to be issue with your specific email file, therefor could you please share the source email file with us? It will help help us to observe the problem and provide assistance accordingly.

Hi,
I have attached that attachment please check this and reply me for .vcf attachment issue.
And I have another question when I am using that code

MapiConversionOptions f_mapiConversionOption = new MapiConversionOptions();
f_mapiConversionOption.setPreserveEmbeddedMessageFormat(true);
f_mapiConversionOption.setFormat(OutlookMessageFormat.Unicode);
f_mapimessage = MapiMessage.fromMailMessage(f_Objmailmessage,f_mapiConversionOption);
f_mapimessage = setMapiMessageProperties(p_sysEmail,f_mapimessage);
f_mapiConversionOption = null;

the attachment in sent items folder are not display in windows outlook so can you please check this.

Hi,
Please check this attachment for vcf attchment issue.RameshwarVcfAttachment.zip (28.2 KB)
Cal with Contact attachment.eml.zip (3.0 KB)

@Rajmohammad,

We have tested this at our end and were still not able to observe the blank details of VCF file. Can you please share your complete sample code here that we can run as-it-is to reproduce the issue here?

For your other issue of sent items folder not displayed in windows outlook, please elaborate with the help of sample code and screenshot. It will be better if you create a new topic for every separate issue you face so that it is more manageable for us as well as you from investigation point of view.

Hi Kashif,
When I am using the above code and convert eml into pst then that time in windows outlook the attachment is skiping in sent Items folder. And when I am export eml into pst without using

f_mapiConversionOption.setFormat(OutlookMessageFormat.Unicode);

this code then Sent Items folder shows all the attachment. I have attached that two screen shot please check.AttachmentSkip.zip (125.2 KB)
DisplayAttachment.zip (81.0 KB)

@Rajmohammad,

Thank you for sharing additional information. The issue seems to occur when you convert to EML to MSG which further results to problem while adding to PST. It has been logged as EMAILJAVA-34389 for further investigation and we’ll update you here once there is further information or fix version available in this regard.

A post was split to a new topic: EML with VCF to PST doesn’t show in Wnidows Outlook 10 but in Mac

A post was split to a new topic: EML with VCF to MSG shows attachment with 17.5 but not with 18.4