Vendor Selection

hello,

i was tasked by my product manager to find a solution for this Use Case

1) We wish to extract title block attributes from .dwg drawings
2) We wish to create Metadata attributes for any file type
3) We wish to create Tags for files of Image, Video or DWG file types

Can you or has anyone extended ASPOSE Metafiles to work with Video filetypes? and which?

thanks for any ideas…

cheers,
Mike

neuralbd:
1) We wish to extract title block attributes from .dwg drawings
Hello Mike,

Thanks for your interest in our products and sorry for replying you late.

Aspose.MetaFiles for Java only supports the capability to manipulate and work with EMF and WMF files. I am afraid it does not support the feature to work with .dwg files.

neuralbd:
2) We wish to create Metadata attributes for any file type
Please note that we have a product named Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java which provides the capability to manipulate/edit existing PDF documents in java environment but I am afraid currently it does not support the feature to add MetaData information to PDF document. For the sake of implementation, we already have logged this requirement as PDFKITJAVA-16160 in our issue tracking system. Our development team is working hard on implementing this feature and as soon as we have made significant progress towards its implementation, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Concerning to the requirement of adding MetaData support for other file formats, I am moving this thread to respective forum and I believe my fellow workers from respective team would be in better position to answer this query.t

neuralbd:
3) We wish to create Tags for files of Image, Video or DWG file types

Currently we have a product named Aspose.Imaging for .NET which provides the capability to work with various image formats in .NET environment but its currently not available for Java environment. More along the .NET version currently does not support .dwg file format but the support is already logged in our issue tracking system. However the member from respective team can confirm the availability of Aspose.Imaging for Java.

neuralbd:
Can you or has anyone extended ASPOSE Metafiles to work with Video filetypes? and which?
I will discuss with the development team regarding this requirement and will keep you posted. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

neuralbd:
Hello Mike,

Thanks for your patience.

I have further discussed your requirement with development team and I am afraid we are still not certain about your requirement. Please note that Metafile is just a recorded sequence of Windows GDI API call (GDI+ in case of EMFPlus metafiles) and sometimes its used by Windows applications as vector graphics format. GDI does not support any video files, so there cannot be embedded video in metafiles and there are no timestamps in any metafile format. So single metafile cannot be used for creating animation and therefore there is no point in creating video from metafile.

Please correct us if we have not properly understood your requirement. We are sorry for your inconvenience.