Verify that cell value satisfies data validation rules in .NET

Thanks for confirming the problem. I would appreciate an update on this issue as deployment of our solution is on hold until this problem is resolved. Thanks!

Hi,

I have checked status of your issue “CELLSNET-43122”, it is still Open. We have logged your concerns against your issue into our database. We have also asked the concerned developer to update on it or provide an eta for it.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed this issue.

• CELLSNET-43122 - Cell.GetValidationValue() returns a NullReferenceException

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.2.2.2 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Shakeel,

I confirm that your latest version has resolved this particular issue. Thanks for your help.

Glynn

Hi Glynn,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

Shakeel,

Unfortunately there is still a problem. If the validation rule is of type 'list' and the list is long (in my case 600+ rows), GetValidationValue will return False for values that are towards the end of the list. You can test this by extending the previous example to contain many more rows (and extend the named range). I have done this in the attached xlsx. GteValidationValue will return false if you choose values further down the list.

I still therefore cannot deploy the solution. I would appreciate your help with this.

Regards,

Glynn

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file.

After an initial test, as I have tested the issue with your newly attached file and found the issue as you pointed out. The issue is still there if we have a long List for data validation and we choose a bottom value (initial values work fine though). I have reopened the issue “CELLSNET-43122”. We will look into it to figure it out soon.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Please could you update me on this issue. As I have said before, our deployment is on hold while we await a solution. Thanks.

Hi,

I am afraid, your issue is still in process, it is not fixed yet. I have asked the relevant developer to update on it or provide an eta (if possible).

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed this issue.

• CELLSNET-43122 - Cell.GetValidationValue() returns a NullReferenceException

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.2.2.3 and let us know your feedback.

Thanks. The new version has resolved the problem I last reported.

Hi Glynn,

Thank you for the confirmation. Please feel free to test the scenario(s) extensively. In case you stumble upon some problem, please contact us back any time.