Version 4.4.1 and Tiff recognition

Hi, I upgraded my application from version 2.3.0 to 4.4.1, after adjusting the code to
new API, I noticed that the recognition of data matrix from tiff file does not work.

I used the same code that you propose in the examples, the class ReadBarcodeFromTiff.java.

Using the same tiff files, with the version 4.4.1 no code is found, but with 2.3.0 the code is found.

Can you help me?

Hi,

Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

The latest version of Aspose.BarCode for Java v4.4.1 has some recognition problems that we are fixing at the moment. These problems are related to the the presence of skewness in the image. Currently, we working on an algorithm that will auto de-skew the image before feeding it to the BarCodeReader for recognition purposes. Please share your sample image for our review, so we may isolate the cause of problem.
Ok, the file is in the .zip attached.
Regards

Hi,

Thank you for the sample.

I can reproduce the said problem with latest version of Aspose.BarCode for Java v4.4.1. It seems that the problem is due to the noise in image. We will look into this further and keep you posted with updates.

Can you please share the reason for your up-gradation? Were you facing any issues with your previous version of Aspose.BarCode for Java v2.3.0?

The previous version works fine, I did the upgrade because my company has purchased licenses of the latest version,

Regards

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I am afraid you have to wait for the next release to avail all the features that we have introduced since v2.3. As discussed above, latest public build v4.4.1 has some recognition issues. We have been working on this part of the component. In our upcoming release we have used a more flexible algorithm to detect the barcode location on image. This will improve the recognition process and the performance. Also, we have handled the problem of barcode images having skewness.

I will check back with development team to confirm the release date and post here for your reference.