Version 7.8.0.0

The video tutorial uses PDF class which does not exist.

The Add Text example in the CHM file (Programmers Guide section) uses TextFragment Class which also does not exist.

The online sample only contains the aspx file and not the cs file...

I am evaluating Aspose for a project and so far I am running into brick walls!

All I am trying now is to create a new PDF with "Hello World" - and none of the samples seems to work.

Ah well - I'm sure I can figure it out on my own, but it would be nice if the help kept up with the product release.

Parkoos

Hi Parkoos,

Thanks for your inquiry. It seems you have not referenced Aspose.Pdf dll in you project properly, so related classes are missing. Please go through following documentation links for referencing Aspose.Pdf dll in your project along with creating a Pdf document with hello world. Kindly also check installation details as well. Hopefully your issue will be resolved.

Furthermore, Aspose.Pdf evaluation version has
two limitations, evaluation watermark and at most four elements of any
collection can be viewed. Please also make a request for 30 days temporary license to evaluate our product without
any limitation.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi Parkoos,

Adding more to Tilal’s comments, the demos present over this link should work with latest release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.8.8. First you need to install Aspose.Pdf for .NET over your system, then download the demos and extract them. Add reference of Aspose.Pdf.dll into your project and you are good to go.

Furthermore, once you have installed Aspose.Pdf for .NET on your system, create a sample application in Visual Studio, add reference of Aspose.Pdf.dll in your project and follow the instructions specified on following link on How to create Your First Application using Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

The version available for download is 7.8.0 - do you have a link for version 7.8.8?

When I downloaded aspose.pdf for .NET, I let the MSI do the install.
I added a .NET reference in my project, references section.
I saw three different aspose.pdf available - one for .NET 2.0, one for .NET 3.5 and the third for .NET 4.0
I tried all three of them out and none of them have a PDF class.

Are you suggesting that I browse to the aspose.Pdf.dll and add a reference to the DLL instead of the .NET reference? I will try this.

Parkoos

I added aspose.pdf.dll by browsing to the DLL where the MSI had installed it under c:\Program Files… etc.

The result was the same as me adding a reference under the .NET tab under Add References.

Does not work.

I will apply for a 30 day eval license.

Parkoos

Hi Parkoos,

Sorry for the inconvenience faced. I’m afraid the video tutorial is referring an older version so you are unable to find Aspose.Pdf class. As after release of 6.x.x all classes from old Aspose.Pdf were moved to Aspose.Pdf.Generator namespace. Please use Aspose.Pdf.Generator namespace for hello world example. Please find a sample project attached here.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

I used Aspose.Pdf.Generator namespace and I was able to create a new PDF file and add Hello World as text.

If Aspose.Pdf is supposed to be the replacement for Generator why are some constructs from Generator not available in the new version?

Parkoos

Hi Parkoos,

Thanks for your inquiry. As all classed from old Aspose.Pdf moved to Aspose.Pdf.Generator namespace and new Aspose.Pdf namespace is based on Document Object Model(DOM).

I’m afraid I could you got your point, could you please share some more details about your question and mention the constructs? So we provide your more information accordingly.

Best Regards,