Vertical rule moves to the right of the value in Chart's PDF

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Cells v8.6.2.1 to generate PDF of chart - Chart 1 in the attached excel file. In the PDF output, the distance between the vertical rule and the Q2 label is more than the distance in actual chart. The vertical rule has moved more towards the right.

Following code is used to generate the output:

void chartToPDF() throws Exception {
Workbook workbook = new Workbook("test.xlsx");
WorksheetCollection ws = workbook.getWorksheets();
String worksheetName = "vertical_rule_extend_past_chart";
Chart chart = ws.get(worksheetName).getCharts().get("Chart 1");
chart.toPdf("D:\\test.pdf");
}

Can you please analyse this issue.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi,

Thanks for the template files and screen shot.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found that I found Vertical rule moves to the right of the value in the chart’s PDF. I used the sample code and template file provided by you to reproduce the issue as you mentioned via the screen shot. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41626” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Neha,

We have analyzed the problem logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-41626. Unfortunately, the mentioned problem is too complex to be fixed in short period of time, however, we will keep the ticket open and provide you further updates during the month of February 2016. Thank you for your patience with us.

Hello,

Is there any update on this issue?

Thanks,
Neha
Hi Neha,

I am afraid, we haven't yet received any updates regarding the issue logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-41626. However, we have requested the concerned member of the product team to share an ETA for it. As soon as we get any updates in this regard, we will share here for your kind reference.
Hello,

This issue has been reported to us in the production environment and has a high priority for us, so we need a fix for this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, there is no update for you regarding this issue at this moment. However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue and again requested the product team to provide some fix or ETA for this issue. Once there is some news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hello,

Our customers are waiting for this given issue to be resolved as soon as possible. Kindly provide the fix for this issue and also let us know the ETA of the fix so that we can update our customer accordingly.

Thanks,

Neha

Hi,

I am afraid, your issue “CELLSJAVA-41626” is not resolved yet. However, I have asked the concerned developer from the product team to update on it or provide an ETA (if possible).

Once we receive a response on it, we will let you know here immediately.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Hi,

We have received a response from the product team on your issue(s).
I am afraid, now we can’t fix your issue. As the width of plot area that Aspose figures out is not the same as MS Excel, so the rule line is not in proper position. The process that calculates the width of Plot area is too complex to be sorted out. We need to consider the label of Y axis, label of X axis, legend and other objects, etc. Now we cannot do the same as per MS Excel. Please refer to the attachment for more details. We notice that the rule is itself a shape line which is not is a part of the chart. We suggest it is best that you should add rule-line as the series of chart like the chart in the thread(<a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/26158). Hopefully, we will fix the issue (CELLSJAVA-41981) in the new version i.e., v9.0.x.

Thank you,

@Neha_Gautam,

Please try our latest version Aspose.Cells 21.6.0.

If you find any issue, please provide the source Excel file to help us analyze it.