Very big lags when using Merge cells

Hello.

When I try to make a worksheet with several thousands merged cells, my program starts to lag. All kind of operations (scrolling, selecting a cell, etc.) goes very slow.

Here is an example of code in VB .NET:

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    Dim gridDesktop = New Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.GridDesktop
    gridDesktop.Left = 0
    gridDesktop.Top = 0
    gridDesktop.Width = Me.Width
    gridDesktop.Height = Me.Height
    gridDesktop.Parent = Me

Dim i As Integer
    For i = 1 To 5000
        gridDesktop.Worksheets(0).Cells(i, 1).Value = i
        gridDesktop.Worksheets(0).Merge(New Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.CellRange(i, 2, i, 3))
        gridDesktop.Worksheets(0).Cells(i, 2).Value = "TEST"
    Next
End Sub

End Class

Is there any way to fix that issue?

Hi,

Thanks for providing us sample code and details.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with the latest Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v17.3.x. I found long delays (while using the operations like scrolling, selecting a cell, etc.,) when there are lots of merged cells in the worksheet. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45273” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-45273”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v17.3.9 (attached).

Your issue “CELLSNET-45273” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Yes, there are no delays anymore. Now it works much faster.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue seems to be resolved now with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45273) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.