Very slow rendering to tiff - never completes

Hi,

we have a number of very large Excel workbooks we need to convert to tiff. However, these workbooks never actually gets converted. We have even run the process for 6 days, without getting any result.

We've run this on Windows 7 x64 with 8 GB of memory and on Windows 2008 R2 x64 with 12 GB of memory. On both the proces allocates all available memory and uses a lot of CPU time.

We are using Cells 5.3.3.0.

Here's the code we're using:

Aspose.Cells.Workbook doc = new Workbook(fileName);
Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions tiffoptions = new Aspose.Cells.Rendering.ImageOrPrintOptions();
tiffoptions.ImageFormat = System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Tiff;
tiffoptions.TiffCompression = Aspose.Cells.Rendering.TiffCompression.CompressionLZW;
tiffoptions.HorizontalResolution = 200;
tiffoptions.VerticalResolution = 200;
Aspose.Cells.Rendering.WorkbookRender tiffRender = new Aspose.Cells.Rendering.WorkbookRender(doc, tiffoptions);
tiffRender.ToImage(outputFilename);

Our customer does not allow us to upload a file for you, so we have create a dummy workbook that display the same behaviour. It's very large, as are the workbooks our customer is using.I have zipped it for downloading, as the size prevents me for actually uploading it to your site.

Regards

Thomas

Where did your reply go?

Anyway, I tried with version 5.3.3.6 as suggested, and it didn't speed up (after 3 hours, it havn't completed a single document), but it appears to be better at de-allocating memory, as it now switches between 5 and 8 GB (though fairly rapidly).

So on the surface seems better at memory management, but not faster.

Regards

Thomas

Hi,

The bug is not fixed completely. We have logged this bug in our database and we are working on it.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-28436.